What skills from the skill trees you think need tweaks/changes?

Woodie:

Beaver

His curse tree could use another pass werebeaver 1 and 2 should be base kit the form not being a good resource harvester compared to other resource harvesting characters should not be addressed by adding skill points. Werebeaver 3 and mastery are fine requiring them however as it's a reasonable addition with 1 breaking hard materials and the other being great for mass resource harvesting. However another problem with the werebeaver mastery is that it's competing with the combat form which is unfortunate when you consider how heavy the focus on combat is in the game I know klei is not going to remove the mastery locks so instead I suggest they remove the were meter drain for using the tail slam for a better value. 

Moose

For the weremoose I feel the first skill should be part of the base kit there's not a good reason for the moose to be worse than your base form for combat and just making him as fast as your base form bridges that gap.

Goose

Weregoose mastery 2 should be detached from goose and made into a skill that universally effects all wereforms. As for mastery 3 it should also be detached but made to apply to the beaver as well as the goose. Also a additional effect would be giving Woodie invincible frames during transformation animations. This would give a higher value to these skills vs their competition.

Wormwood:

• Pretty short his plant crafting section should should be removed and placed in a crafting station if we're all being honest with ourselves nobody is actually committing to these skills as they offer no value to the player after you finish crafting and there's not really a good reason to lock crafting those plants behind a specific character

Willow:

• Brighter lighter shouldn't be it's own skill in my opinion it should either be base kit or a additional benefit to ember tender but if it has to be it's own skill it should only be 1 skill point
  • Fire frenzy feels too situational for a skill
  • The Bernie side of the skill tree needs more incentives to use vs the fireraiser side of the skill tree
  • Shadow Fire raiser feels completely inferior to lunar fireraiser

Wigfrid. Whole skilltree is weird and deserves more attention but i'm gonna be simple here, re-picking character to just craft not so useful items is rather annoying than interesting.
These skills should have some effect that would make you keep it, or just be her base crafts. 

I'm going to make a post on this again soon, but Burning Frenzy and Controlled Fires still drive me up the wall.

I cannot stand how controlled fires force me out of being able to have spreading fires and have skills locked behind it. I don't like needing to use fireball for something I should have by default.

And then Burning Frenzy is still so... uninteresting, and awkward, it's got very few niche rare cases where it really shines. Ugh.

Were goose and weremoose skills. Half the goose skills are useless by not contributing to the only reason to use it, and were beaver mastery needs a big buff. It should be better than Maxwell since you are giving up masteries of other were forms for this skill. The skill has no niche.

4 hours ago, RainBO_OM said:

, re-picking character to just craft not so useful items is rather annoying than interesting.

This is only a problem with the battle canister. Wigfrid have skills linked to the items (and she can not use the songs without skills)

14 hours ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

Patch Up I,II  - Willow

I've been hoping that it will be buffed soon to allow Bernie to slowly restore durability while in Willow's inventory. At the moment BERNIE! needs to be active out in the field to simply regen HP and I find himself more often than not; getting into scuffles that in turn make him lose more health while deployed.

I would hate it. You can repair him with sewing kits. Already feels dumb to have a regeneration perk

16 hours ago, NoodlemanNed said:

wigfrid affinity songs are still undertuned

And uninspired... there were room for something funnier than "aoe flat low stat buff"

The skill points of Wormwood individuals urgently need to be corrected, and most of the skills have unclear meanings. For example, a Wormwood person needs to consume its precious health to create some creatures, but their effects are very limited or can be replaced. Carrot mice can pick up food but have little effect in essence. Bulbous Lightbug insects can be replaced by most lighting items, and salamanders can even ignite enemies in battle, accidentally injuring Wormwood (very afraid of fire). These are all of no use.

Moreover, the skill of using Vine entanglement  also needs to receive damage to trigger, and in vegetative combat, it is necessary to avoid injury as much as possible (health is difficult to recover). This skill has no significant effect except for emergency shelter.

17 minutes ago, zhangsheng said:

Carrot mice can pick up food but have little effect in essence

Helps when farming giant veggies

Bulbous Lightbug insects can be replaced by most lighting items

They need IA and speed improvements but the point is freeing hand/head slot from those lighting items..

and salamanders can even ignite enemies in battle, accidentally injuring Wormwood (very afraid of fire)

That was at the beguinning of the beta, they dont ripe in the live branch

Moreover, the skill of using Vine entanglement  also needs to receive damage to trigger

What is the problem with that? If you get hit you can safely heal because of the vine and if you are being attacked by many enemies you make the fight way easier and safe if they catch you. You have the option of sacrificing health to root them for many time which imo is a fair trade off considering how strong it is when needed

Wormwood's right branch moon affinities are the best designed ones of all the skill trees released

Archived