Vanilla characters and Deerclops examiantion

I feel like vanilla ds characters need different quotes for deerclops cuz it seems borderline silly when they shrug off eldritch horrors with "You're not getting me today!" but then they look at a tall, bipedal, one-eyed deer monster and go "My end is near". It's especially jarring when compared with post-vanilla characters who treat deerclops the way he should be treated- as a boss with 1 attack

Except Willow, hers is perfect; in fact I think it should be upgraded to "Holy f*ck!" since that's clearly the kinda girl Willow is.

I don’t even want to get close enough to a Deerclops just to “Inspect” it..

There are several things in my scrapbook journal that I don’t want to get close enough to inspect, and even some you CANT Inspect.

The DS cast (at least the vanilla DS cast) have all encountered Deerclops before in Solo DS with RoG- So to encounter them over and over again in DST probably doesn’t shock or terrify them that much anymore.

That said… the Mutated Versions that are literally possessed Reanimated Dead Corpses DEFIANTLY should feel new & quite terrifying for them.

I think it's intentionally or-not fitting considering Deerclops is the first boss being tossed at the characters. In comparison to when they finally reach the Celestial Champion or others as they had time to get in the mood of fighting giants, dying, reviving... so most of their impressions on early / late bosses feels appropriate.

It's only amusing that they don't have some sort of flavor quotes past their 3rd or so Deerclops encounter but I think it's past the point where they would rather shut up than find something interesting to say :distracted: But I'd be more than fine if they had some, even if it's not just a Deerclops thing but an important amount of examination lines becoming redundant quick, no can do.

55 minutes ago, ADM said:

It's only amusing that they don't have some sort of flavor quotes past their 3rd or so Deerclops encounter

Wanda's quote kind of does this already: "Do we really have to do this again?"

7 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Maxwell should swear.

He should say "come to daddy".

8 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I feel like vanilla ds characters need different quotes for deerclops cuz it seems borderline silly when they shrug off eldritch horrors with "You're not getting me today!" but then they look at a tall, bipedal, one-eyed deer monster and go "My end is near". It's especially jarring when compared with post-vanilla characters who treat deerclops the way he should be treated- as a boss with 1 attack

Except Willow, hers is perfect; in fact I think it should be upgraded to "Holy f*ck!" since that's clearly the kinda girl Willow is.

Appearantly deerclops is spookier than klaus for some reason. If deerclops has a sanity aura of -400 then klaus should have an aura of -800 atleast, with that face.

7 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Appearantly deerclops is spookier than klaus for some reason. If deerclops has a sanity aura of -400 then klaus should have an aura of -800 atleast, with that face.

Wdym bro Klaus is Santa, everyone loves Santa!

20 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Appearantly deerclops is spookier than klaus for some reason. If deerclops has a sanity aura of -400 then klaus should have an aura of -800 atleast, with that face

i like the idea of deerclops being one of the most terrifying things in the constant tbh, it's a fun niche

in retrospect, i wonder if its meant to reflect the way it might be the survivors' first encounter with such a formidable creature? that idea doesnt really hold up anymore but it certainly would have in the original game

Archived