Reverse Desalinator

Yea, I've been wanting to be able to make salt water for a while too, either by adding salt to fresh water, or adding fresh water to brine to dilute it.  Also a consumption control to restrict dupes from eating all of the table salt they want would be nice too.

On 12/28/2023 at 10:36 AM, psusi said:

Yea, I've been wanting to be able to make salt water for a while too, either by adding salt to fresh water, or adding fresh water to brine to dilute it.  Also a consumption control to restrict dupes from eating all of the table salt they want would be nice too.

Ummm, don't crush salt>table_salt?

I do agree with a form of player sourced salt water and sadly ugly crying I don't think works.
Maybe a recipe for Epsom salts to use in Hot tub instead of Bleach stone, causes you to get salt water instead?

Edited by ChainedDjinn

7 hours ago, ChainedDjinn said:

Epsom salts

to avoid trade mark violation they should make bath salts, which, when inhaled would give massive speed boost to dupes with a slight chance of cannibalism.

edit- huh apparently its just the name of town where it was first made. anyhow, i still stand by my suggestion

Edited by squanter187

8 hours ago, Primalflower said:

image.png.dbe294bc079bb25c3447f53de125e4af.png

image.png.b53c96b74c51e88b91951ead3aaf6bcf.png

i don't think these are gauranteed either, but if this is a matter of your own game, then try looking at the starmap for more salt water

I think it should not be literal rocket science to get salt water when you have both salt and water.

Edited by Zarquan
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zarquan said:

I think it should not be literal rocket science to get salt water when you have both salt and water.

I recognize your complaint wholeheartedly but at the same time I think this game is no stranger to convoluted ways to acquire resources, I think in a sense I can appreciate the drillcone way a little more than merely placing a building that takes salt and pre-existing water sources and spits out exactly what is necessary. Again I do understand where you're coming though

I found a solution

you make a room with a auto-sweeper a bin and a conveyor chute and you lock a dupe inside.

the dupe will compete with the auto-sweeper rendering it useless, and eventually the dupe should cry, like I do when i see this. then you simply mop up the tears

On 1/1/2024 at 1:54 PM, ChainedDjinn said:

Ummm, don't crush salt>table_salt?

Yes... well, sand also.  Then all your dupes immediately start trying to eat the table salt.  You can't restrict who is allowed to eat it, so you can't save the +1 morale bonus for only those that need it.