Cave eathquake boulders

Tried playing DST with friends after the half-a-year break and after a bit more than an hour I was brutally reminded why I dropped the game for half of the year.
The earthquake destroyed 3 structures in my base, including one of the cauldrons (I have to destroy and place again 3 ice boxes in the middle now). Instead rebuilding it, I decided that I will drop the game again until this s**t is fixed (with a world configuration option for example). Haven't even found any mods disabling this, are there any?

• Potato Cup 1

Man I swear, some people just don’t understand the word “Uncompromising” or even “Survival”

I don’t mean to be mean, no wait actually yes I do- In Lego Fortnite LIGHTNING Will strike your house blowing bits of it apart, that is just the very NATURE of a Survival Sandbox game.

It’s really only DST and EXCLUSIVELY DST that have spoiled its players by giving them permanent solutions to the worlds threats and hazards.

if you don’t like cave rocks, turn off Ant-Lion and Cave Rifts.

• GL Happy 2

2 hours ago, anarki said:

Tried playing DST with friends after the half-a-year break and after a bit more than an hour I was brutally reminded why I dropped the game for half of the year.
The earthquake destroyed 3 structures in my base, including one of the cauldrons (I have to destroy and place again 3 ice boxes in the middle now). Instead rebuilding it, I decided that I will drop the game again until this s**t is fixed (with a world configuration option for example). Haven't even found any mods disabling this, are there any?

you can kill AG to get a recipe for pillars to protect huge areas from earthquakes debris 

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Man I swear, some people just don’t understand the word “Uncompromising” or even “Survival”

one of these persons is you

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 8:38 PM, Mike23Ua said:

It’s really only DST and EXCLUSIVELY DST that have spoiled its players by giving them permanent solutions to the worlds threats and hazards.

Lightning rods exist in DS too.

On 12/12/2023 at 8:38 PM, Mike23Ua said:

if you don’t like cave rocks, turn off Ant-Lion and Cave Rifts.

That's also a permanent solution the game gave you?

Edited by _zwb
  • Big Ups 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:01 AM, anarki said:

There are world configurations you can toggle for this. Assuming you're talking about the antlion boulders, you can just disable antlion in world settings. If it's rift boulders, you can disable rifts. Otherwise the new pillar builds are the solution you're looking for.

Currently, antlion's boulders come with quite a decent warning, including a unique debris effect at the top of the screen above the player. You should use this time to move far out of the way of your structures so that the rocks can drop a safe distance away. As a frequent cave baser it's quite easy to manage once you know the signs. You can also kill Antlion.

You can also craft pillars, a new recipe that drop from The Ancient Guardian, as a more sturdy solution to boulders. You can also make a dreadstone pillar that repairs itself over time, so it needs even less maintenance. Hope this helps.