Wigfrid's shield is op

16 hours ago, arubaro said:

which item of similar nature there are? why is unbalanced when deals less damage than other weapons and is unique to a unbalanced character so it serves 0 purpose? i dont see an scenario where i would wanto to change my skill tree to use this item instead of kitting normally 

the game's difficulty wont drop because this item. Every character is getting flat stat boost from skill trees, we should ask for challenging stuff not ask for cutting options 

Stop regurgitating the same stuff to me, I get it blah blah pseudo hard mode, I ain't saying it's making the game easier.

14 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

you need a whopping 0 of each to fight dfly if you just kite

You also need 0 weapons and armor if you just kite.

8 hours ago, goatt said:

I have no idea what you trying to say. I see a bunch of concepts mixed up. Sorry, I'm autistic. It's not your problem that I feel difficulty understanding you. But I don't feel like writing up extremely long passages to break down each point. So I'll just pick one point. And I hope you can help me by writing your point more clearly and explicitly and more focused.

You said, "you're overexaggerating how hard it is to count to 6". I think you are trying to say, that kiting dragonfly without getting hit is not hard. I play games exclusively on multiplayer servers. From my experience, kiting dragonfly has always been very unpredictable. I play on servers ranging from 16ms pings to 100-ish pings. Usually, I play around 30ms pings or below. Soloing Dragonfly is always traumatizing for my autistic minds because I know how it's supposed to go, but it never meets my expectations. I'm not exaggerating. 

It is not you. I am not really partaking in this anymore, but gmr, you have been talking about alot of stuff that keeps going back on yourself, and are giving infamous points like the classic "Just don't get hit, it is tthat easy" very seriously (alot of people in this threads are kinda saying that line in some interperation too though)

6 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm asking for it to be rebalanced I'd even agree to a durability increase alongside the change as I've stated previously the goal isn't just to make it worse. I also don't agree that the cooldown should lower while it's unequiped because it goes against using it as a defensive playstyle and reduces it to just a blocking tool

that would just result in having to swap to and from the shield instead of only blocking and then holding F, which would, imo, be more fun if you can do more stuff to be even more successful, that still wouldn't prevent you from 

animation canceling as that's not a intended gameplay mechanic

it literally is, the devs have limited how long an attack can take at least to 0.4, it's in the first few lines of tuning.lua, they could've just raised to 0.46666 or whatever is default amount of time spent on a single attack

weapon shouldn't have to change just so you can cheese your dps

you're comparing performing precise inputs for 16,66666% faster attack speed to disabling bosses' AI 

3 hours ago, Antynomity said:

Stop regurgitating the same stuff to me, I get it blah blah pseudo hard mode, I ain't saying it's making the game easier.

You also need 0 weapons and armor if you just kite.

so basically you spit non sense and dont have anything to defend it

12 hours ago, grm9 said:

that would just result in having to swap to and from the shield instead of only blocking and then holding F, which would, imo, be more fun if you can do more stuff to be even more successful, that still wouldn't prevent you from 

No it would just make the shield less interesting.

12 hours ago, grm9 said:

it literally is, the devs have limited how long an attack can take at least to 0.4, it's in the first few lines of tuning.lua, they could've just raised to 0.46666 or whatever is default amount of time spent on a single attack

They couldn't have changed it without the entire community throwing a fit like you guys are now because of me suggesting making guards cost durability.

12 hours ago, grm9 said:

you're comparing performing precise inputs for 16,66666% faster attack speed to disabling bosses' AI 

Working hard to cheese is still cheese or do things like sequence breaking in other games count as legitimate gameplay mechanics? Because as someone who has done it in some other games I can assure you the devs didn't intend for me to do that. Animation canceling is the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

No it would just make the shield less interesting

how? you'd be able to either use the shield the way you can use it now or do additional inputs for more dps, you can still use it the way you do now if doing less stuff is somehow more interesting for you 

12 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

They couldn't have changed it without the entire community throwing a fit like you guys are now because of me suggesting making guards cost durability

i doubt that even 10% of the community uses anim cancelling all the time when playing, hardly anyone would've cared and iirc klei said somewhere that it is intended

13 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Working hard to cheese is still cheese or do things like sequence breaking in other games count as legitimate gameplay mechanics? Because as someone who has done it in some other games I can assure you the devs didn't intend for me to do that. Animation canceling is the same thing

it's 16.66666% higher attack speed, cheese is when you do something easy and gain the same results as if you've done something hard, it's like one extra hit if you use anim cancelling on something that allows you to do 6 hits without anim cancelling, you're talking about it like it's double attack speed and anyone can do it consistently independently of ping or skill, a reminder that you were constantly talking about how hard it is to kite yet much more people can kite in comparison to the amount of people that can consistently anim cancel 

Just now, grm9 said:

how? you'd be able to either use the shield the way you can use it now or do additional inputs for more dps, you can still use it the way you do now if doing less stuff is somehow more interesting for you 

Because it puts less focus on the weapon making it overall less interesting. It just makes your gameplay easier for no investment which is a boring way to design things.

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

i doubt that even 10% of the community uses anim cancelling all the time when playing, hardly anyone would've cared and iirc klei said somewhere that it is intended

I doubt even 10 percent of the community use most things people get upset about Klei changing yet there's always a massive outcry when things change how do you think people would react to them removing animation canceling? There would be a explosion bigger than the mob hitstun change and all the rift updates combined.

8 minutes ago, grm9 said:

it's 16.66666% higher attack speed, cheese is when you do something easy and gain the same results as if you've done something hard, it's like one extra hit if you use anim cancelling on something that allows you to do 6 hits without anim cancelling, you're talking about it like it's double attack speed and anyone can do it consistently independently of ping or skill, a reminder that you were constantly talking about how hard it is to kite yet much more people can kite in comparison to the amount of people that can consistently anim cancel 

You can try to justify it however you want but it's still like saying why am I being arrested I just stole a dollar from a bank.  Regardless of how you feel about it the fact still remains it was not a intended mechanic and you actively pursured that exploit.

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Because it puts less focus on the weapon making it overall less interesting. It just makes your gameplay easier for no investment which is a boring way to design things

it becomes easier at the cost of being able to parry in time, swap from and to the shield in time to maximize dps and anim cancel, once again you were the one talking about how blocking with it needs to get nerfed even though it's inferior to kiting which, just like swapping and anim cancelling, requires learning

I doubt even 10 percent of the community use most things people get upset about Klei changing yet there's always a massive outcry when things change how do you think people would react to them removing animation canceling? There would be a explosion bigger than the mob hitstun change and all the rift updates combined

don't worry, half of the forums want things that they don't use to get nerfed or fixed for no reason even if they don't impact them so no one on the forums would complain about that and since forums are where a minority of players can seem like the majority just because they, unlike most of the community, use a website that's only used for discussing games of a specific video game company unlike something more general like the klei discord that i'm pretty sure devs don't read anything in, forums can impact what klei will do and the majority of forumites don't use anim cancelling or are against it, also, what's that terrible about being able to do one extra hit at the cost of pressing buttons with correct timing? That's hardly the biggest advantage and hardly the easiest to gain advantage

You can try to justify it however you want but it's still like saying why am I being arrested I just stole a dollar from a bank.  Regardless of how you feel about it the fact still remains it was not a intended mechanic and you actively pursured that exploit

what now, it adds slightly more fun to the game because instead of holding F you press buttons with correct timing, it adds more fun than some things that seem more intended than this one, you get arrested because what you did was detrimental for someone, who is anim cancelling detrimental for? With your logic you should shame anyone who plays any character other than wes/wilson/winona/wortox because they're gaining a bigger advantage than anim cancelling while doing less than what anim cancelling requires 

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Working hard to cheese is still cheese or do things like sequence breaking in other games count as legitimate gameplay mechanics? Because as someone who has done it in some other games I can assure you the devs didn't intend for me to do that. Animation canceling is the same thing

i dont like animation cancelling but most games and devs are okey with that. Is something done in moba tournaments with millions of dollars as prize and nobody complained about it, imagine in a sandbox game where isnt even worth to perform such annoying and tireshome thing

dst community is unique and is not a compliment 

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

i dont like animation cancelling but most games and devs are okey with that. Is something done in moba tournaments with millions of dollars as prize and nobody complained about it, imagine in a sandbox game where isnt even worth to perform such annoying and tireshome thing

I didn't say I had a problem with it but both of you seem dead set on misrepresenting the conversation so ima just stop talking to you guys about it talk to a wall or something if you both want to just throw veiled insults and ignore facts to suit your arguement.

do things like sequence breaking in other games count as legitimate gameplay mechanics?

maybe you should remember what you ask, I answered that in most games is legit to use them

17 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

suit your arguement.

i dont suit anything, i dont like animation cancelling in dst

19 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I didn't say I had a problem with it

22 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

a weapon shouldn't have to change just so you can cheese your dps

what you think about it is extremely apparent, it doesn't need to be an exact quote or direct admittance for what you think to be clear 

19 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

want to just throw veiled insults

isn't it funny that this is what you did for half of the conversation 

20 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

want to just ignore facts

which? The only thing that we disagreed upon without attempting to prove or disprove it through the entire conversation is how hard it is to learn to kite because we can't erase what we know to go and measure how much it time it takes to learn it and it depends on the player and i bet most people didn't even measure or don't remember how much time it took them to learn to kite 

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

what you think about it is extremely apparent, it doesn't need to be an exact quote or direct admittance for what you think to be clear 

So what your saying is me asking for a weapon not to be changed specifically to assist animation canceling is me not liking animation canceling? A strawman if I ever saw one.

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

isn't it funny that this is what you did for half of the conversation 

Wow your saying a had a hostile response to being insulted and told what my opinion was over what I was actually saying  in a conversation about a small change to a game mechanic truely shocking.

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

which? The only thing that we disagreed upon without attempting to prove or disprove it through the entire conversation is how hard it is to learn to kite because we can't erase what we know to go and measure how much it time it takes to learn it and it depends on the player and i bet most people didn't even measure or don't remember how much time it took them to learn to kite 

That's not even the only thing that was discussed on this page alone.

maybe you should remember what you ask, I answered that in most games is legit to use them

i dont suit anything, i dont like animation cancelling in dst

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

I'll be honest I think I had a misunderstanding somewhere so I'll just say my bad here.

8 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

So what your saying is me asking for a weapon not to be changed specifically to assist animation canceling is me not liking animation canceling?

On 12/13/2023 at 1:35 AM, Mysterious box said:

just so you can cheese your dps

12 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

pursured that exploit

is it apparent enough now, also, the primary reason for changing shield was to allow swwpping to ham bat so it's useful for anything other than shadow rook and dfly hitting after it flies to you at the start/after spawning lavaes 

Wow your saying a had a hostile response to being insulted and told what my opinion was over what I was actually saying  in a conversation about a small change to a game mechanic truely shocking

you're the only one who kept intentionally doing it for the sake of insulting 

That's not even the only thing that was discussed on this page alone

what was a fact and was ignored?

Archived