Wigfrid song OP

Considering the song requires inspiration to use (which is nearly impossible to build outside of bossfights), and having a Wigfrid on your team already means you have access to cheap and easy armor AND a song that makes everyone on the team heal every single time they attack, I'd be genuinely impressed if you could find a single situation in which this song could even be used

11 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I'd be genuinely impressed if you could find a single situation in which this song could even be used

it's surprising how often a random gardener or basesitter comes to a fight near base with no armor and dies, especially if it's eot/twins/klaus, therefore reviving is broken and needs to be disabled 

37 minutes ago, NoodlemanNed said:

Iim not saying klei should add this item, and i thought i already implied that i wouldnt use this item unironically anyways. i also never suggested a dark sword buff.

my point is that if this thing were to be added, it wouldnt be very strong for the reasons i already mentioned. it could still be a fun item for doing gimmick fights later on in the game when you have the down feathers required to craft dozens of revive songs. However from a balance perspective this thing is exclusively useful as a crutch for less experienced players struggling against bosses (which is a good thing imo). theres also the fact that the wigfrid player themself cant be struggling against said boss because you still need to keep yourself alive to use the thing in the first place.

I mean there are various things we could add that would help less experienced players that we don't specifically because we feel they should just learn to use the tools available to them I get people are saying they aren't likely to die in a boss fight in a group but I still don't see how that becomes justification for the skill in any way shape or form which is what I'm getting at.

Also while the android thing was me being sarcastic it's not like players have any trouble with resource collection either beyond the beginner level so it could very well be justified in being included by this logic even if only as a late game item and that's somewhat worrying.

The song is as situational as Wanda's clock, if not more. The thing that killed other players would most likely still be there, so you'd have to neutralize it first. Besides, it takes a good minute to pick up your stuff, so the chance of getting sniped again is pretty high.

I think you overvalue multiplayer resurrection. Telltale Heart is dirty cheap.

10 hours ago, GimplyGoose said:

On the surface the skill looks very strong, but I encourage you to try it out yourself. It is not nearly as convenient as other revival methods. Reviving someone in a situation where Wigfrid has enough inspiration will likely end up with that character just dying again.

You can combo it with the skill which removes the inspiration cost of songs 

16 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Im more concerned from lore POV. Like, a lady who is insane Valkyre cosplayer but also is a performer artist in the past can... Revive the dead with her voice? uhhh what kind of magic is this??? Maxwell and Wanda must be jealous

and crafts weapons and helmets, even ones that werent use for her performance....

12 hours ago, grm9 said:

it's surprising how often a random gardener or basesitter comes to a fight near base with no armor and dies, especially if it's eot/twins/klaus, therefore reviving is broken and needs to be disabled 

is broken to revive someone who is so inexperience, and maybe even dumb, to go to a fight without knowing what is doing? that person will die few seconds later again

having to carry a song just in case someone dies isnt op. We have tell tale hearts which are stupidly cheap, LGA and meat effigies which arent much costly 

14 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Apparently mass revival is ok because combat is easy. See you next time when we're justifying adding fully functional androids who gather any and all resources from anywhere in the map while your at base because resource collection is easy. :lol:

That's the mentality, that's why we keep getting stuff like this.

this song is so op that any body with enough experience to gather red gems from red hounds and craft an amulet would ever use this

maybe some noobs trying to kill s raid boss will remember to bring it to a fight so they can revive, and by that learning to kill a boss so they dont drop the gsme after summer

i prefer if the song insight module was changed for other perk less niche. Wigfrid's is already bland to have such situational perk. She already has a situational shield, situational beefalo branch and 2 useless affinities

people claiming this is op must be horrible at playing the game, a game where you can gather too much materials to craft revival items that you might let them lying in the ground...i bet most of the ones complaining against this are the ones who defend destroyed decorations

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

and crafts weapons and helmets, even ones that werent use for her performance....

is broken to revive someone who is so inexperience, and maybe even dumb, to go to a fight without knowing what is doing? that person will die few seconds later again

having to carry a song just in case someone dies isnt op. We have tell tale hearts which are stupidly cheap, LGA and meat effigies which arent much costly 

Point is that this song makes it so it doesn’t matter if they die in combat because they can be continuously revived especially if u make multiple of this very cheap song u can use 1 every minute if u have 6 and farming down feathers in spring is easy

2 minutes ago, arubaro said:

this song is so op that any body with enough experience to gather red gems from red hounds and craft an amulet would ever use this

maybe some noobs trying to kill s raid boss will remember to bring it to a fight so they can revive, and by that learning to kill a boss so they dont drop the gsme after summer

i prefer if the song insight module was changed for other perk less niche. Wigfrid's is already bland to have such situational perk. She already has a situational shield, situational beefalo branch and 2 useless affinities

people claiming this is op must be horrible at playing the game, a game where you can gather too much materials to craft revival items that you might let them lying in the ground...i bet most of the ones complaining against this are the ones who defend destroyed decorations

Point is the cost adds up over time for LGA this song is a 1 time cost and therefore can be a crutch for bad plays because u can use it over and over

4 minutes ago, Subzero_0559 said:

Point is that this song makes it so it doesn’t matter if they die in combat because they can be continuously revived especially if u make multiple of this very cheap song u can use 1 every minute if u have 6 and farming down feathers in sprint is easy

do you think that people who would use this will be able to easily farm down feathers?

Archived