wigfrid’s lighting spear manufacture cost too high

Two horns to make it means unlucky player could not get it in the first autumn.
Since its damage is not impressive compared to other lunar/dark weapons, it should become more easy to acquire or repair.

Reducing the charge cd would also be nice, since Wigfrid can dodge attack more often, making the battle a lot fun.

For me, it's a little like "it is what it is"

You'll eventually get it. For the utility the weapon has before the upgrade as it's function outside of it being a weapon, I'm relieved it's balanced by such an unlikely drop. 

Some would criticize the lightning spear because of it's power, but the barrier of entry is a good way to justify how well it does function.

Also, 2 horns is actually a good thing. There's an argument about why it would be worse if it were craftable with a single volt goat horn. 

I agree with you. I got my own opinion though.

The problem lies in the repair method. The lightning spear can attack 150 times. If the dash can recover even 1 or2 times.

At least,I would say it has a not-bad applicability.

Since it can't,I guess I just have to carft it,and leave it home until I finally upgrade it. 

You see,the problem is,I have no necessity to use this spear expect killing birds.

Any chance we can change this situation?

1 hour ago, ParisSnicker said:

Two horns to make it means unlucky player could not get it in the first autumn.
Since its damage is not impressive compared to other lunar/dark weapons, it should become more easy to acquire or repair.

Reducing the charge cd would also be nice, since Wigfrid can dodge attack more often, making the battle a lot fun.

It's quite literally not required for gameplay, it's not something you need immediately because it is supplementary content, and is also quite literally a more expensive upgraded form.

admittedly two horns is a lot to ask for considering the RNG, but I disagree with you otherwise.

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

For me, it's a little like "it is what it is"

You'll eventually get it. For the utility the weapon has before the upgrade as it's function outside of it being a weapon, I'm relieved it's balanced by such an unlikely drop. 

Some would criticize the lightning spear because of it's power, but the barrier of entry is a good way to justify how well it does function.

Also, 2 horns is actually a good thing. There's an argument about why it would be worse if it were craftable with a single volt goat horn. 

Let me say it to you. In the first autumn, the ham bat has the same damage as the spear but much cheaper cost(just 4 monster meat) and infinity attack times. In the middle stage of the game, you can use either dark swords or glass cutters which are ALSO VERY CHEAP and deal more damage than the spear. After the moonstorm, the spear can get an update, however the updated spear only deals 9.375 more damage to non-planar entities than the dark sword/glass cutter for Wig. And when you get the lunar/dark swords, obviously it's a better choice to use those weapons to counter planar entities. So why or when do I need to use the spear? To fight against the guardian and end up with a nearly broken spear which wastes a third of my first autumn to get? To get an "high damage" weapon which only deals 9.375 more damage than dark sword/glass cutter or a planar weapon that is weaker than lunar/dark swords when you still need to pay attention to its durability to prevent your 2 horns and 2 restrained statics from disappearing?To dash into bosses saying that you can "nohitting" with the spear while it's much easier and cheaper to fight them just with a ham bat, several pierogi and battle helmet?Or to dash into spiders only to find that they are still left with 15 hp? 

2 hours ago, reilyuioa said:

Let me say it to you. In the first autumn, the ham bat has the same damage as the spear but much cheaper cost(just 4 monster meat) and infinity attack times. In the middle stage of the game, you can use either dark swords or glass cutters which are ALSO VERY CHEAP and deal more damage than the spear. After the moonstorm, the spear can get an update, however the updated spear only deals 9.375 more damage to non-planar entities than the dark sword/glass cutter for Wig. And when you get the lunar/dark swords, obviously it's a better choice to use those weapons to counter planar entities. So why or when do I need to use the spear? To fight against the guardian and end up with a nearly broken spear which wastes a third of my first autumn to get? To get an "high damage" weapon which only deals 9.375 more damage than dark sword/glass cutter or a planar weapon that is weaker than lunar/dark swords when you still need to pay attention to its durability to prevent your 2 horns and 2 restrained statics from disappearing?To dash into bosses saying that you can "nohitting" with the spear while it's much easier and cheaper to fight them just with a ham bat, several pierogi and battle helmet?Or to dash into spiders only to find that they are still left with 15 hp? 

That was a lot of reading without any paragraphs and limited punctuation for the amount of words you used.

Just use a construction amulet. 

8 minutes ago, chirsg said:

That was a lot of reading without any paragraphs and limited punctuation for the amount of words you used.

u're right. I will pay attention to it next time lol

16 minutes ago, chirsg said:

yep but the construction amulet cannot solve the problem that there are always better and cheaper alternative weapons.

And the dash skill is not very useful. It's pretty cool though : )

7 hours ago, reilyuioa said:

I mean it's superior in every way to the previous best weapons in the game Dark sword and glass cutter. It has positives and negatives compared to the new best weapons in the game. Does less damage than them in a single hit but gives 20% speed boost, a dash for burst movement and aoe and can prolong its durability by using its dash without any repair kits. That seems like plenty of reason to prefer 1 over the other depending on ones taste instead of 1 just being a straight upgrade.

30 minutes ago, SpookyXy said:

I mean it's superior in every way to the previous best weapons in the game Dark sword and glass cutter. It has positives and negatives compared to the new best weapons in the game. Does less damage than them in a single hit but gives 20% speed boost, a dash for burst movement and aoe and can prolong its durability by using its dash without any repair kits. That seems like plenty of reason to prefer 1 over the other depending on ones taste instead of 1 just being a straight upgrade.

If I got two horns,I would rather cook volt goat chaud-froid,which can cause more damage.By the way ,I don't think aoe is useful whlie fighting against a boss.

Archived