How do you look through the game's code (and find new content)?

Like the title states; if I want to look through the game's code, how do I go about doing that.

Like, I know that tuning.lua has most of the stuff that I'd probably be interested in.

But how do you guys find new content? Do devs always leave //NEW CONTENT comments that you can easily ctrl+f to or what?

Or character/npc lines, what file and how do you search it? There's gotta be like thounds of lines in there; how'd you find Sharboi's unimplemented speech?

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

search for "sharkboi" duh, you can get the prefab of the thing under mouse using print(c_select().prefab), then search for the prefab and in the files that have it in the name 

Ah, I forgot to mention in the op; I was wondering how do you search for new stuff without knowing the prefab name. I didn't know the .prefab method. Thanks

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

[snip]

Hiya, me and @penguin0616 handle a repository with a good chunk of versions and their (lua) scripts. (Commit names go by VersionID - ManifestID)

https://github.com/penguin0616/dst_gamescripts/tree/willow_wigfrid_meta

The beta scripts are currently on their own branch here, and I personally use Github desktop (you can use any Git GUI, I've been meaning to give Gitkraken more of a shot!) to view differences.

image.png.18500f20627694231c20e618d8d7e1f9.png

For example, eyyy, did you know moon base is centered now on new generations? That's a change that happened!

image.png.d67bef86bbf1692318d8ce54c3000f02.png

Archived