Woodie appreciation post? (and some thoughts on twins)

Tried the woodie outside the beta, I was actually apprehensive after the feedback people were giving here in the forums to make skill trees exclusive to each world, so I was avoiding woodie, because without the skill tree, he is kinda bad (sorry woodie mains), and when you get to the late game, it would be kinda useless to have the skills.

But I wanted to start a new world last week, and even tho there is still a chance of it being changed in the next skill tree update, I wanted so bad to test him after the beta, so I did. And it was very good, the extended time of transformations helps a lot, the extra damage, the ability to explore the ocean, the small speed boost in the early game. It is a bunch os small buffs that in the end adds a lot to the character.

I used weremoose to defeat most of the bosses, like klaus, shadow pieces, deerclops, antlion, etc. Weremoose proved to be worth using even in the post rift bosses, I defeated the 3 mutated bosses using weremoose, it is slightly worse than using void/brightshade gear, but I wanted to see if it was possible or not. Now, I dont know if it is considered cheese or not, but I used tree guards to kill fuelweaver and toadstool. And I cheesed bee queen by letting the twins take care of her.

After they took care of bee queen, I defeated the twins in the next night, and the thing that I have to say about the shield of terror... It is the perfect equipment before rifts content, if you really need damage, just go moosing, if it is a simple fight, the shield of terror can take care of it, it is armor and a weapon, so you can carry a backpack and use a miner hat at the same time if you want, I myself didn't want the minimal chance of losing it, so I always used a helmet to reduce the durability loss of the shield. Anyway, that thing is very usefull.

So, the fight agains the twins was also very good, bosses have an "opening" to players attack them, it feels artifical, but is a necessity if the devs intend us to defeat these bosses, in the twins fight it is not like this XD, you mess up and they obliterate you (my first death in that world was for the twins), and the key to the fight is to separate them (invidually they will have the opening to attack), this mechanic is almost obvious, I wonder if it was intended or not to separated them (I heard in terraria you cant separate them, but I am not sure), anyway I am just glad they dont have strangely convenient patterns that you could sync and kill them. In the end, bring friends and kill them together, or separate them if you are alone, pretty fair.

Spoiler

I like the fight and just wanted a reason to say lol, sorry.

thats it, woodie isn't the meta, but I had a good time playing him, share your thoughts if you also liked the new woodie.

Without skill tree, he's a very effective hound defense character. Defending against hounds that doesn't take half the day to undertake is very valuable. 

I think woodie has argument for best character in the game as he stands. 

59 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

This isn't appreciative at all :wilson_cry:

I can not even defend myself here ;-;

I should have said it in a better way, without using "kinda bad", my fault.

45 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Without skill tree, he's a very effective hound defense character. Defending against hounds that doesn't take half the day to undertake is very valuable. 

I think woodie has argument for best character in the game as he stands. 

Half true, but you have to remember, woddie had problems with hound waves for the majority of time (his rework in 2019 until hound wave changes in 2022)

the current hound system is perfect for him (with and without skills), but in the past he wasnt able to defeat the hound wave in the late game, he would get stunlocked to death, I died by this in 2021 (when it was still the old hound wave system).

Kinda unrelated but I have to share this dst moment now, I was playing alone as woodie and world gen decided to create all hound mounds in a small place in the dfly desert, I transformed into weremoose and attacked one hound, in a few seconds I had the same face of despair I had in 2021... being stunlocked to death, not being able to move neither by using the mouse, WASD nor charging, I died by the hounds and shamely regenerated the world, pretending that I did not commited the same mistake I made 2 years ago.

Archived