This'd be the perfect time to bring back Varg eating anims

Now that Vargs can be found feasting on carcass, it'd be the perfect opportunity to give Vargs and hounds proper eating animations.
The Hounds and Vargs currently play their attack animation, this works mighty fine as is, though I'd love to see the Winter's Feast eating animation be cleaned up and brought over to Vargs for this specific event!
Hounds also had eating animations used for Sharkittens back in SW, it'd be nice to see those brought back too!
image.png?ex=6539b5ff&is=652740ff&hm=03f63e8b315655b7c4d59feef220ed851e640d8134646f477259b59d87c6b982&image.png?ex=6539b61c&is=6527411c&hm=e395460d80cb5b58b94fdd51e470207277eb20010320dd3005b91dc32a166e86&

Ohhh, turns out they did have their animations tweaked a fair bit! Not quite for Vargs, but for hounds!

They've got new eating animations, and now have animations for being hurt in each direction. (They'd snap sideways always, originally.)
The eating anims are new, but they don't seem to be hooked up yet. I've made a report! 
owie.gif.7ba0c538d704274789b0c3a04b4068fd.giffdf.gif.3b999a806daf0a6c05ac7d24befa9e9c.gif

On 10/12/2023 at 3:49 AM, -Variant said:

Now that Vargs can be found feasting on carcass, it'd be the perfect opportunity to give Vargs and hounds proper eating animations.
The Hounds and Vargs currently play their attack animation, this works mighty fine as is, though I'd love to see the Winter's Feast eating animation be cleaned up and brought over to Vargs for this specific event!
Hounds also had eating animations used for Sharkittens back in SW, it'd be nice to see those brought back too!

Please, could you clarify, vargr devouring the elephant can only be found after turning on the lunar rift, or does it appear by default?

7 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Please, could you clarify, vargr devouring the elephant can only be found after turning on the lunar rift, or does it appear by default?

It can be found at any time. There's different paths that will net you different results at the end, sometimes it's a surprise where the Varg jumps from hiding, sometimes it's the varg eating the Koalefant. I don't have all the explanations of each path on hand, though!

4 minutes ago, -Variant said:

It can be found at any time. There's different paths that will net you different results at the end, sometimes it's a surprise where the Varg jumps from hiding, sometimes it's the varg eating the Koalefant. I don't have all the explanations of each path on hand, though!

thank you very much for explaining what and how!

The vargr spawn has become cool, but at the same time confusing

Archived