simple warbis armor buff concept

with the current intended ways of obtaining this armor, its clearly designed to be a high tier post-endgame armor set. this isn't quite reflected by its statistics though. even dreadstone, an armor obtainable in the first autumn, is arguably more efficient to use than warbis, due to both higher normal and planar defense. the two other armor sets that are supposed to be near the same tier as the warbis armor are the void and brightshade sets. these two are both already really well established and still arguably better to use over warbis in nearly every situation due to the planar buffs they provide to their respective planar weapons

i thought about this and discussed with a friend, and i believe ive created a decent solution to make this armor somewhat worth the effort it currently requires.

my first idea: add 6-7 planar damage onto any weapon per analyzation stage. the current damage buff is obsolete in a post-rift planar environment, so having a flat 24-28 planar damage on every weapon would be pretty useful. (for example, a max warbis stage dark sword with this proposed change would do 71-78 damage to planar mobs)

my second idea: make the analyzation actually analyze! having an officially implemented healthbar/attack range being displayed on full enemy analyzation would not only be thematically fitting considering the current hud, but it would also be a 'buff' for the modless console players this armor is supposedly designed for (although ik some ppl might think this is a little too op/unneeded so please keep your discussions over the balance of it civil ^-^)

I am glad more and more people are starting to see this huge issue over the Warbis armour, i have done tests with it and no matter what, the head piece is useless compared to any other post riff armour since it always does less damage to planar enemies than a simple brightshade helm even while fully charged  regardless of weapon used

5 hours ago, lenship2 said:

my first idea: add 6-7 planar damage onto any weapon per analyzation stage. the current damage buff is obsolete in a post-rift planar environment, so having a flat 24-28 planar damage on every weapon would be pretty useful. (for example, a max warbis stage dark sword with this proposed change would do 71-78 damage to planar mobs)

my second idea: make the analyzation actually analyze! having an officially implemented healthbar/attack range being displayed on full enemy analyzation would not only be thematically fitting considering the current hud, but it would also be a 'buff' for the modless console players this armor is supposedly designed for (although ik some ppl might think this is a little too op/unneeded so please keep your discussions over the balance of it civil ^-^)

These are both very good ideas, specially the second one.

In my testing in actual in game scenarios, the W.A.R.B.I.S. armor is currently-

1. quite a pain to obtain to begin with (in no small part due to bugs, the unpleasant way that you hunt down the Wagstaff scrap, and the low chance of getting it in the first place)
  2. not the best to play with, as the range that you need to be in doesn't have a warning phase of the break off point or a small period of time before you are required to go back into range.
  3. not worth it against multiple targets for the reason of its scan behavior and mechanics
  4. probably just too much of a hassle to bother with in comparison to the lunar or shadow armors we have currently where they provide better planar defense, better dmg amp with no cost for the lunar and getting hit being the danger of the shadow side, and after a single season, very easy to take care of and repair

As it stands right now, even though the body grants 30 % move speed, there is a breaking point vs a mag which i believe is 20%, has the upper had due to consistency as well of ease of upkeep. From my perspective and my testing, I have concluded that right now, this armor is a chore that doesn't do anything that most other options can't do vastly better.

At this stage in the game, it would not be op to make it so this armor didn't need to focus one target, but rather prioritized acknowledging hostile targets within the vicinity to be active as well as increasing the detection range to initiate and maintain the buff.

Personally I love the armor thematically, but I can't justify its use over shadow or lunar armor. 

with the fact that both pieces require a shard of the enlightened crown, I would have to assume they want the armor to be stronger than dread stone and have some powerful bonuses although its just a bit janky to use right now. If just a few things were tweaked then I think the armor would be fantastic, its got a good baseline but it needs a bit more to be driven over the edge where it can be usefull. 

I have zero experience or knowledge of this armor set (console) but honestly if each piece requires crown shards it had better be goddamn amazing for me to consider making it in the first place. Then again you do get a shard and a full crown each time you beat CC now... deconstructing Crowns (even though I have a full scaled furnace of them..) just seems blasphemous to me. 

Archived