Does Klei pretend to localize prices for the Klei shop?

SprngndStrm

Not sure if i am doing this right as this is my first post or if this is the right place to ask but.

I'm from Brazil and most items sold in the klei shop are extremely expensive due to how much the dollar costs here, i was prentending on buying something like the Crabbit plush but it's almost over 100R$. It's a question i always wanted to get out of my mind before doing a purchase, it would be completely understadable if it's something Klei can't do.

In the U.S., it's currently listed for $34.99 USD(~174.48?), which seems to be more expensive than what you have to pay. Looks like even though that's a lot, you're getting a better deal...

But you know how it goes.

At this time we are unable to ship to Brazil.

• IndieBox can ship worldwide to any address recognized by a local postal service. However, we do not offer shipping to Brazil, Russia, and Lithuania due to extensive issues with the local mail service. Made to order items may not be effected by this shipping hold.

The reason for this, is that Brazil has a 60%+ tax on most imported goods from our shop and we were finding that more than half of the goods we were shipping to Brazil were lost in transit, and we are unable to recover the loss even if we file a claim. Because shipping issues are not the fault of the customer, we have a 100% replacement policy if your package is lost or damaged by the post and we'll deal with the claim and have to also pay the tax on the new shipment. This unfortunately became unsustainable in the above listed regions.

In terms of pricing, we set all our prices in USD, and the store is powered by Shopify which offers optional auto conversion based on current currency exchanges. This helps people not have to pay currency conversion prices, but if for some reason your payment method offers cheaper currency conversion in USD on their end, there's nothing stopping someone from buying in USD prices.

On 9/11/2023 at 9:04 PM, JoeW said:

At this time we are unable to ship to Brazil.

• IndieBox can ship worldwide to any address recognized by a local postal service. However, we do not offer shipping to Brazil, Russia, and Lithuania due to extensive issues with the local mail service. Made to order items may not be effected by this shipping hold.

The reason for this, is that Brazil has a 60%+ tax on most imported goods from our shop and we were finding that more than half of the goods we were shipping to Brazil were lost in transit, and we are unable to recover the loss even if we file a claim. Because shipping issues are not the fault of the customer, we have a 100% replacement policy if your package is lost or damaged by the post and we'll deal with the claim and have to also pay the tax on the new shipment. This unfortunately became unsustainable in the above listed regions.

In terms of pricing, we set all our prices in USD, and the store is powered by Shopify which offers optional auto conversion based on current currency exchanges. This helps people not have to pay currency conversion prices, but if for some reason your payment method offers cheaper currency conversion in USD on their end, there's nothing stopping someone from buying in USD prices.

The federal government made a program called "Programa Remessa Conforme" to give exemption about the 60% tax for international purchases under 50 dollars, I dont know the detais of the program, but maybe you guys can take advantage if you fit in the conditions.

I think the tax of the states (17%) cant be avoided, but I am not a counter, so idk.

Archived