Wild planted Moo farm (SO)

I've tinkered around a bit with the new mo behavior and tried building a farm for 'em. It's a terrible design, but I had fun doing so.

I managed to get 15 plants in a room and was wondering if others have tried.

Suicidefarm.thumb.png.29e653b47b124c32db37804bd069edb1.png

If you want a boatload of funky plastic, this is not the way to go. Get Meep to jump on a wheat field for that. But if you are looking for a silly challenge this might be it.

My original objective was to get as many plants in there as possible, so it annoyingly manual. The farm is 22 wide x 16 high, but the height is mostly for fart collection. The farm room is exactly 96 tiles.

There's a lot of issues with it, I've laid out on the bug tracker.

Have anyone else tried to find a good design?

Sidenote: Is it possible to mutate the grassy knolls? Like exuberant (yay darkness)... or +10 sniper cover for assassins *giggle*

It's so pretty... too pretty... Anyways, moos kind of need to have a free tile to the right in order to eat from plants and be groomed, I believe that also counts for the milking station. There are still some nuances to all the moo madness I haven't completely grasped yet.

In any event, here's my moo setup. One ranch for tame, one for milking, one for only for farters and a top moo collection room, I did preserve some of the original space biome for this:

image.thumb.png.d74406952090c11d9f22048004eaa66c.png

Wow! Your farm is completely opposite to mine. Sure, it's not pretty, but it seems to have a tiny advantage, as it seems to be functional. :D

There is a lot of inspiration in that image for me to play with, but for now I'm in a holding pattern.

After looking over the bug tracker, I've noticed others having the same entombment issues as I'm facing, so for now I'm packing up the udder and hope the masters find a solution for my problem.

6 hours ago, AliBob said:

Sidenote: Is it possible to mutate the grassy knolls? Like exuberant (yay darkness)... or +10 sniper cover for assassins *giggle*

Yes you can mutate gass grass, but not for exuberant. A few update ago it was done that you can't get exuberant, every other mutation is still possible. 

@Nogard78

Holy heck! I kinda assumed they were acorns and didn't even bother. I'll have to go play with a reactor. Thanks a bunch.

@furytale

Yeah, that was my starting point as well, but my home world don't have a chlorine geyser, so I have to play ferryman and all that... Besides it's kinda boring to build a box. On the flip side, your farm works. Thanks tho.

Archived