Odd Moo size / behaviour (SO)

AliBob
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

With the new update, you guys finally managed to make me want to farm those silly cows. Great job! Never thought I'd want to try that.

Sadly my home didn't have any Chlorine vents so I tried wild plants. I managed to get 15 in a room in dev mode, so I went to my save and build it. A fun little exercise. Suicidefarm.thumb.png.17843d1d89ce4b81dc46d147ded61e4d.png

Then the problems began. These Heisenberg wannabee's appear to be on the same evolutionary branch as the Dodo's! I can't keep them alive. I've managed to get _one_ to call a friend before he just looses the will to live an entombs itself. At first I thought it died off because their farts block off the plants sunlight, so I tried again and paid attention. Nope they get stuck and after a reload they are entombed.

Apart from that, there's serious funkyness with their size. They have all declared the plant by the door to be the Holy Mother Of Plants and refuse to eat it. But the 2 wide pit at the end is perfectly fine.

Wierdness01text.png.7973071f3cc6e60717a392d5d4de5fa3.png

So I moved the last remaining walrus to the other farm to see if it was a door issue, but  it didn't like the new home and entombed itself within a couple of days.

Lemming.png.82a0342f5d9b773bc787d4e70d7a27b5.png

The grooming station requires 3 tiles to the right to be available, fine I guess, but it's somewhat annoying that you give a room size upper limits and this critter insists on breaking all the rules.

I'm sorry if I come across a frustrated, but I am. You got me all excited and the experience is not what I expected. It's a great first pass, but I hope you aren't done fine tuning their behavior.

On a more positive note, the critter trap revamp are amazing! I don't need to wait 70+ day to tear down the oil biome, because I need to relocate critter eggs. They work just as expected - great change!

Steps to Reproduce

1. Build funky farm

2. Insert Moo

3. Profit?

• Like 3

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.