QOL - Increase in Save Slots

Hey Klei Team,

In the advent of the skill trees, and renewed interest in playing new characters, but also maintaining the long term worlds I already have, is there anyway you all could expand the amount of saves from 5 to say 10 or at hopefully as many for each character? I know PC has more saves and not sure if there is a technical limitation or something else on the console side, but it would great if this could be something addressed as more skill trees are being added to the game.

Indeed, I acquired the game for the EU region as well, granting me an additional 5 slots, despite my primary presence being in the US. This was my approach to address the limitation, although I agree that a greater number of slots should be made available for our use.

1 hour ago, ViCiOuS-V. said:

Indeed, I acquired the game for the EU region as well, granting me an additional 5 slots, despite my primary presence being in the US. This was my approach to address the limitation, although I agree that a greater number of slots should be made available for our use.

Wait, you got an extra 5 slots?

On 8/10/2023 at 1:15 PM, NeverTheNorm said:

Hey Klei Team,

In the advent of the skill trees, and renewed interest in playing new characters, but also maintaining the long term worlds I already have, is there anyway you all could expand the amount of saves from 5 to say 10 or at hopefully as many for each character? I know PC has more saves and not sure if there is a technical limitation or something else on the console side, but it would great if this could be something addressed as more skill trees are being added to the game.

Don’t get me wrong.. more save slots would be absolutely Great, however… I truly don’t understand everyone’s fascination with keeping “Long-Term” game worlds.

I have two very important reasons for this the first reason is obviously the lag, after so long (and so much cluttered stuff just laying about in a world..) the game tends to lag a lot more often, and creating new worlds seems to fix or reduce this lag.

Lag is manageable to a certain degree but the second reason is ABSOLUTELY why I refuse to keep “Long-Term” Worlds, and that is because when Klei adds a new content update “Retro-Fitting” it into existing worlds can a lot of times cause the new content not to generate properly And gives for a Wonkey playing experience as opposed to creating a New world where the content can generate into the game in its intended proper way.

Here is an example of new content trying to add itself to old worlds-

8BF449C4-15E5-4D29-8699-CDAAD8FB527B.thumb.png.78ee9066ebfca092923b98622ccce70f.png

My Stage Play Book is literally just out there in the Ocean.. why? Because adding new content into already existing worlds, doesn’t add it properly.

Its great that Klei tries to incorporate new content into these long lasting worlds, but if you want the “intended” experience, you have no choice but to create a new world.

Unless your playing on PC and can use Console Commands to move the content to a more suitable location, if your on consoles like me however- Your just SoL

I don’t mind starting over when new updates are added due to the above issues, and ones prior to it (such as bad retrofitting of Troubled Waters or Moon Quay) But BECAUSE I always have to start my worlds over to experience new content in its intended capacity, Klei can’t realistically expect me to Ever reach a point in my worlds where I can kill Celestial Champion or FuelWeaver can they??

I think my longest lasting world was like day 600 or 800 but when a new game content update came out that world got sacrificed to get the intended not so Wonkey experience.

I hate Retro-Fitting & kinda wish it didn’t exist at all.. because until people create new worlds, or move the content if on PC.. they can’t get the intended experience with that content due to retro-fitting trying to cram it in with your pre-existing world.

For me 5 save slots is enough.. but as detailed above- Also willingly delete all my worlds when new content updates arrive.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I hate Retro-Fitting & kinda wish it didn’t exist at all.. because until people create new worlds, or move the content if on PC.. they can’t get the intended experience with that content due to retro-fitting trying to cram it in with your pre-existing world.

I understand not vibing with the imperfect retrofitting, but to wish it didn't exist at all feels a bit unnecessary... You can choose to just make a new world for new content, but if retrofitting didn't exist then I would have to drop my worlds (which in my case always last multiple IRL years and carry lots of real memories in them) constantly and would quickly lose interest in the game :(

+1 for more Save Slots.

When I wanna try a new character I have to delete one of my long worlds :-( there have been ocasions where I just abandon de ideia of starting a new word because I can't decide wich one to delete, shut down my ps5 and just watch someone pay on twitch.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:43 AM, lobomau71 said:

+1 for more Save Slots.

When I wanna try a new character I have to delete one of my long worlds :-( there have been ocasions where I just abandon de ideia of starting a new word because I can't decide wich one to delete, shut down my ps5 and just watch someone pay on twitch.

Have been doing it for a while but deleted my maxwell world to start a woodie one. I shedded a tear when i deleted it... 

On 8/13/2023 at 7:47 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I hate Retro-Fitting & kinda wish it didn’t exist at all.

Damn that's cold.. you can literally just start a new world each time there's an update to completely avoid "wonkey" retrofitting occurring. To actually wish retrofitting didn't exist when you can just do the above to avoid it if you so wish is extremely selfish and callous. Screw absolutely anyone who wants new content in their existing worlds right? Nice one.

There is clearly and easily an option to start a new world each update or use the retrofitting option/choice. If that is taken away there is literally no reason to ever keep a long term world for any players ever and late game becomes something no one can ever reach because they just have to start over literally every update. Considering how long it can take to actually do Pearls tasks and reach the rifts etc naturally (except for speed runners) late game content may as well not even exist at all if there's no retrofitting.

One of the worst and most selfish takes I have ever seen on these forums.

Archived