A thought about latest weremoose nerfs and buffs

Hi, today i am writing this post to talk about the last two patches who reworked a little bit the "new" weremoose's skills.

First of all i want to talk about two nerfs, the first one is the regeneration health reduced from 3 every 5 seconds to 1.5 every 5 seconds.

I guess it was too much and i liked a small reduction of the health gained, but at the same time klei ALMOST accidentally ruined that ability, yes it's still very useful but it doesn't feel great anymore... sometimes it is just shown ONE single health on the screen, and for my eyes it is not rewarding, but it's just my problem, so i'd say just raise the health gained to 2 every 5 seconds to make it more satisfying.

The second thing is the nerf fortunately reverted of the weremoose combo attack (from 136 to 119 damage), just why?

Some people complained about the amount of damage the weremoose could do but not so many people complained about the fact that wolfgang now has an even more exaggerated dps than before which can be reached in like ten second of training and with a planar weapon against a planar enemy (weremoose dps with the new ability is just a little bit higher than the dps of a wilson with a dark sword) so i'm questioning; has anyone of the people who complained about weremoose at least tried the new update?

It remembers me about krampi when they got added, where people started complaining about them but not so many people apparently played the update (from OrangE video), i think this topic can be extended to new updates too.

Talking about the last interesting change about weremoose is the new stun immunity just added with the latest patch at the moment.

When he is hitting something with his second and third consecutive hit he is immune to stun, which encourages tanking, which was nerfed due to the fact of the nerfed passive healing, and it doesn't make sense for my eyes (ok he got more planar defense, but it is only applied to particular mobs)

So to kind of fix this i'd say, let's the weremoose mastery gives him stun immunity, it sounds crazy? I don't think so.

I tried the new stun immunity and it doesn't come in hand every single time, because a lot of times enemies will hit you on your first punch, so the combo will be restarted.

The stun immunity could also be used to recover from a bad kiting easier, and to not lose the perfect "momentum" for consecutive dodges.

Or maybe give the weremoose a 95% damage reduction instead of 90%, to balance the health regen nerf, but it sounds lazy to my ears.

I am not an english speaker, so i have probably done a lot of errors.

Feel free to write comments which are against my idea, so we can argue and exchange opinions.

Bye!

I second this notion but I genuinely think the three health per five seconds was regen was fine. It was to say the least, incredibly good in some boss fights and for some situations, and incredibly bad for others. It pretty much just mediated the fact that you lose out on your inventory and can’t heal from food.

and there’s still other downsides to being a weremoose 

Just practice. I think weremoose is in a healthy place right now. 

There are still situations where Normal woodie is better than weremoose in a good amount of combat situations. I was just in a world where we were rushing ruins and the enemies were simply too far apart from each other. 

In those situations, it's our responsibility to adapt.

I mean, I ran out of light and used up all my idols just to not die from Charlie lol.

Over-reliance on the idol can burn you still. Anyway, Idol is a powerful tool, arguably the most powerful combat tool in it's niche, but even in the face of this, it's not the best tool for every single circumstance. 

Once more, I really believe it's in a healthy place. Hit the grind. You'll probably have more fun figuring out when it's best to moose out or when it's best to hit people with a magic stick made of bad dreams.

Well people really underappreciate the early game advantages of having a free thulecite suit, free infinite dark sword, free moggles and free abigail AoE damage wrapped into a single item that only costs 3 monster meat and 2 grass that you dont even need a science machine for.

Yes wolfgang outperforms weremoose in direct combat but that is wolfgangs whole character and perk strength. Weremoose is only one third of woodies were-abilities. And the weremoose is still better for dealing with hordes of weaker mobs like spiders/monkeys/frogs than wolfgang. Weremoose is better in teamplay vs bosses than wolfgang by tanking for the team with infinite and unbreakable early game thulecite armour. Wolfgang only overtakes woodie in the late-game, but all characters become op with planar weapons and invincible with bone armour so being stronger in the lategame isnt as important.

Woodie is a jack of all trades, master of everything, character. Woodie is higher than wolfgang in the tier list now for overall usefulness, in and out of combat, and in both solo and teamplay.

3 hours ago, Sacco said:

First of all i want to talk about two nerfs, the first one is the regeneration health reduced from 3 every 5 seconds to 1.5 every 5 seconds.

I guess it was too much and i liked a small reduction of the health gained, but at the same time klei ALMOST accidentally ruined that ability, yes it's still very useful but it doesn't feel great anymore... sometimes it is just shown ONE single health on the screen, and for my eyes it is not rewarding, but it's just my problem, so i'd say just raise the health gained to 2 every 5 seconds to make it more satisfying.

I agree it is weird that it is 1,5 hp every 5 seconds instead of 2hp/5sec since you can only see 1 point of HP going up half the time 5 seconds passes, but the game accounts for the 0,5 hp not shown even If we cant see it... still weird tho.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with Moose is the lack of scaling, I woulnd't care about weremoose being weaker early game if he could scale better into later parts of the game somehow and stay as the main way for a woodie to fight.

I think it would have been more interesting to remove the health regen perk entirely and instead rework some of the many—many, many—crockpot recipes to give health-over-time. If you want a theme you could do it for fish recipes.

You then don’t have to beat Bee Queen in order to get healing over time; jelly beans would just be the best at it, but not the earliest item. And you also don’t have to rely on playing with someone else who can heal you with things like healing salves.

5 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

I agree it is weird that it is 1,5 hp every 5 seconds instead of 2hp/5sec since you can only see 1 point of HP going up half the time 5 seconds passes, but the game accounts for the 0,5 hp not shown even If we cant see it... still weird tho.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with Moose is the lack of scaling, I woulnd't care about weremoose being weaker early game if he could scale better into later parts of the game somehow and stay as the main way for a woodie to fight.

Klei fixed it by adding planar damage and planar defense to the weremoose, but it's still not so worth it, even though it helps the moose a lot.

Archived