Suggestion: make the celestial portal work only once per player

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

If anything is a strawman argument it's this:

Dawg you literally started this by falsely generalizing the other side of the argument to ruin or diminish their credibility. People have stated their opinions on this argument and that’s literally what this is: people stating their opinions and you’re making it sound like that’s not what you’re supposed to be doing.

5 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

like who

What about  Copyafriend as an example? he made an opinion justifing woodie's nerf but he made a post with an opinion in favor to not nerf the portal. Is that enough?

If you dont like it just dont use it, or am i wrong?

making such a post like people like that doesnt exist. Make a real statement next time my friend.

5 minutes ago, NekoSoulx said:

making such a post like people like that doesnt existe. Make a real statement next time my friend.

Making a post like those people are the majority when it was a single person is disingenuous.

6 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Making a post like those people are the majority when it was a single person is disingenuous.

neither me or Cheggf said that, so idk what you are saying, maybe you are so biased that you forgot to read me or cheggf, he said that a lot of people, not the majority. And cause guille wanted an example, i just gave it to him, thats all.

But yeah after all i  would appreciate a cooldown on the portal. I dont think devs made this to be abused, as I always use the portal to experience a different character without starting a new run.

18 minutes ago, NekoSoulx said:

neither me or Cheggf said that, so idk what you are saying, maybe you are so biased that you forgot to read me or cheggf, he said that a lot of people, not the majority. And cause guille wanted an example, i just gave it to him, thats all.

A lot refers to a significant proportion. A single person is not a significant proportion. The wording of his sentence makes it out to be like there’s a lot of people saying things like that when there aren’t. Most of the people that ik and most people I’ve seen who want the celestial portal to stay as is are the same people who dont say “too op klei please nerf” and instead the opposite.

Edit: I also think there is a difference to be made for the weremoose nerf and the celestial portal. The portal is a mostly qol thing used by solo players and is easy to just avoid while the weremoose was an integral part of the character and skill tree and with it nerfed made those skills obsolete and less fun which was why there was a lot of push back from the decision. 

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

A lot refers to a significant proportion. A single person is not a significant proportion. The wording of his sentence makes it out to be like there’s a lot of people saying things like that when there aren’t. Most of the people that ik and most people I’ve seen who want the celestial portal to stay as is are the same people who dont say “too op klei please nerf” and instead the opposite.

A lot doesnt mean the majority, And even if one person is not significan enough its still exist, and since i was just answering guille... well as you can see i dont care at all if a lot or a low proportion of people are like that. I just aswered a single easy question, people like that actually exist, but to be honest with you i dont really care since i want the portal to be nerfed, not cause the hypocrital behavoiur of some people, i want the portal to be nerfed cause its one of the strongest shits out there aka OP, and the main reason winona and other characteres are being called swapp charactes. thats all.

The actual portal can use a good nerf, and i think a cooldown would be for the best since you can still use it to fully change your character, however now you are gonna have to play with that character for more time, sounds fair enough for me, you cnange your character using an easy way and as a drawback you have to stick with that character for idk maybe a season? But even if you dont like it the true is that people are asking for a nerf right now and im pretty sure this posts about nerfing the portal are gonna be constant till something is make about the portal issue.  

6 minutes ago, NekoSoulx said:

The actual portal can use a good nerf, and i think a cooldown would be for the best since you can still use it to fully change your character, however now you are gonna have to play with that character for more time, sounds fair enough for me, you cnange your character using an easy way and as a drawback you have to stick with that character for idk maybe a season? But even if you dont like it the true is that people are asking for a nerf right now and im pretty sure this posts about nerfing the portal are gonna be constant till something is make about the portal issue.  

But why though? I really don’t see the point of nerfing the portal or how a cool down would really help anything other than just make it a waiting game. This isn’t gonna want to make people want to play those characters more. I think fixing up  characters like Winona and/or warly to have more selfish perks would be more beneficial to themselves so characters are incentivized to play them. Maybe you could shine some light on it because to me it seems like celestial portal isn’t the problem it’s poorly designed characters who don’t have enough reason to stay as them.

31 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Edit: I also think there is a difference to be made for the weremoose nerf and the celestial portal. The portal is a mostly qol thing used by solo players and is easy to just avoid while the weremoose was an integral part of the character and skill tree and with it nerfed made those skills obsolete and less fun which was why there was a lot of push back from the decision. 

This here is actually half lie half true, even before the weremoose nerf i was planning to just use the werebeaver form  and avoid the other forms to just be a gathered woodie and as a whole the portal and the weremoose are both a game mechanic so no, because you see i can use this line here: "If you dont like it just dont use it" this can be applied for the weremoose as well as the portal. c: 

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

But why though? I really don’t see the point of nerfing the portal or how a cool down would really help anything other than just make it a waiting game. This isn’t gonna want to make people want to play those characters more. I think fixing up  characters like Winona and/or warly to have more selfish perks would be more beneficial to themselves so characters are incentivized to play them. Maybe you could shine some light on it because to me it seems like celestial portal isn’t the problem it’s poorly designed characters who don’t have enough reason to stay as them.

well to be honest with you i wanted devs to nerf the portal before all the skill trees update, but now that you are recording me about the skill trees yeah i agree that winona and warly can get better stuff and atm i dont mind portal that much, i just hope the portal get some change in the future maybe not a nerf at all.

9 hours ago, Mortalbane said:

But to be honest, i'd also like the option "Forbid people from rushing the ruins" =)

Change caves rain to insane and possibly use those anti cheat mods(no night vision, no arial view)

This kind of works

Archived