Technical improvements should be prioritized over new content.

Six years in and we are still choosing between playing with input lag or dealing with animation lag, rubberbanding, and unavoidable server-side damage. We have had precisely one update in recent memory to predictive lag compensation and it brought zero noticeable improvements.

I know with the way the game simulates and loads the world it is difficult to do this, but I would sacrifice several content updates in exchange for more work being done on this.

Thanks to them adding skins to offline mode I pretty much stick to that but I would agree. The smoothness of playing Singleplayer with a controller was so amazing, I'd really like to get that feeling back with DST.

Pretty annoying on having to rely on some mods which help a little against lag or having to play alone with Don't Starve Alone mod because you or your friends can't handle cave lag, but they all can be buggy over time.

Overall it should be Klei's job to make the game lag-free, not modder's

10 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

I have DST on nintendo switch... you upper class pc players do not know what lag and bad performance truely is...

How bad could it be? I've experienced 20 FPS on a really messy PC world before, could it be even worse than that?

Just now, _zwb said:

How bad could it be? I've experienced 20 FPS on a really messy PC world before, could it be even worse than that?

Seeing as the switch can barely run mobile games half the time I wouldn’t have high hopes 

The Xbox Version isn’t in much better shape- I frequently have the game disconnect booting me back to the main menu screen and sometimes even deleting my worlds in the process after about 30-200 or so days into the world.

Not to mention: Xbox version doesn’t have Klei official Servers yet PlayStation version Does, if I had to take a wild guess as to Why.. Sony & their exclusivity BS.

11 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Seeing as the switch can barely run mobile games half the time I wouldn’t have high hopes 

If switch cannot run dst properly, imagine if they make a mobile port or something?

8 minutes ago, _zwb said:

20 fps is the norm on switch... i swear its a different game. Instead of a 5-6 hit then dodge for dfly on pc, its like 3-4 hits then dodge on switch. Plus missing out on the accurate targetting that the mouse has is such a huge disadvantage of playing on consoles, there are some strategies that work on pc but will not work on console cause of this.

Controller gameplay needs a massive overhaul.  

5 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

20 fps is the norm on switch... i swear its a different game. Instead of a 5-6 hit then dodge for dfly on pc, its like 3-4 hits then dodge on switch. Plus missing out on the accurate targetting that the mouse has is such a huge disadvantage of playing on consoles, there are some strategies that work on pc but will not work on console cause of this.

Controller gameplay needs a massive overhaul.  

Want to know what’s sad? Klei states sometime back ago that they had hired a group of developers who’s ONLY job was to very specifically improve the Quality of the game for Console players, yet.. nothing ever came of that & the game still feels like it was design with KB Mouse in mind with Controllers being a afterthought.

On 7/19/2023 at 10:19 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Want to know what’s sad? Klei states sometime back ago that they had hired a group of developers who’s ONLY job was to very specifically improve the Quality of the game for Console players, yet.. nothing ever came of that & the game still feels like it was design with KB Mouse in mind with Controllers being a afterthought.

i wonder what kind of group was that and why nothing happened or where are they right now

On 7/19/2023 at 7:47 PM, Gashzer said:

you upper class pc players do not know what lag and bad performance truely is...

My old laptop would take ~30 minutes to create a world, and I couldn't even walk properly in the world with caves, without "don't starve alone" mod, so I think I know a few things about bad performance. (tbh even opening a browser on that thing took a while, so I'm more surprised it could even run dst at all, even if barely.)

12 hours ago, skile said:

My old laptop would take ~30 minutes to create a world, and I couldn't even walk properly in the world with caves, without "don't starve alone" mod, so I think I know a few things about bad performance. (tbh even opening a browser on that thing took a while, so I'm more surprised it could even run dst at all, even if barely.)

goated laptop

Archived