I find it a bit difficult to complete the area

I know this is an early playtest, maybe the process planning of the full version will be very different from this time, but I still want to say

I just finished the first area by winning the tree boss, and died many times before that, after all, I'm not very specialized in this type of game.
For a player with a middle-to-lower level of operation like me, it takes a lot of luck to complete it. From upgrading equipment to being able to defeat the boss, it seems to be blocked by a high wall

Once the equipment reaches a certain level, the growth of the character almost stops, but the chances of recovering health are too few, and it is difficult to complete the entire area without getting the ability related to recovery. Because the potion is not enough to drink, and the potion merchant may not even appear, the ability to restore health is very rare. 
It almost means that you have to go through the entire area with only about 2 bottles of potion recovery chances, the error tolerance rate is too low, every time I have to take the bonus of critical strike recovery 10HP to get to the last level stably (not necessarily pass the level yet)

So I hope the game can make the chance to restore HP more generous, or allow players who are stuck in the level to still get a certain amount of growth to have a better chance of completing the area, instead of waiting for the restore HP ability to appear every time and expecting the potion merchants to be open before the two boss battles

Other than that, I love the game and so does my family, though the fact that he still hasn't been able to beat the tree boss so far is frustrating for him

13 hours ago, Francis2000 said:

So I hope the game can make the chance to restore HP more generous,

This! There are multiple powers that encourage you to actually get hit, (gain shield, boost attack, etc) but there's not enough ways to heal. The banana heal is funny, and if you're a masochist you can spam it after completing a level to recover your full health. The few powers that heal you heal a small amount and basically reward already high skill which if you have, you probably don't need the heal as much.

My guess is that at some point you might be able to carry more potions? So you can stack up at the start of the game so you have something for the boss.

1 minute ago, niplu said:

I've spent 6 hours and still can't beat that tree 

You're not alone, my brother hasn't defeated the tree yet, and it's been over 6 hours.

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

My guess is that at some point you might be able to carry more potions?

I think so, the number of uses is also written on the potion details, so it must be expandable and upgradeable

Banana healing is super wasteful of time, I tried it, and I chose to give up after recovering almost 50hp.⊙⁠﹏⁠⊙

After unlocking the Chef NPC in the second area today, one of the dishes’ “Recover 20hp at the beginning of each level” made my HP much more stable. However, the recovery effect given by a few abilities is still the most helpful, and it is almost impossible not to choose them. Otherwise, choose multiple shield abilities that are easy to take effect

I'm also about 50% into the tree boss. I love the boss mechanics, that is so much fun! I personally haven't been discouraged by the lack of potions, it kind of makes you observe your surroundings more and try to not get hit, I feel I've been getting better at that each time I try. But I can also see how it can be frustrating. I found the banana healing hilarious, I imagine it is for trolls when people play together and someone else trips on that peel, that's some serious giggles :-D

10 hours ago, BezKa said:

The banana heal is funny, and if you're a masochist you can spam it after completing a level to recover your full health.

I love the damn banana heal so much.

I was at 1 hp so I decided to get a auto keyboard presser and let it go at my skill button while I went to complete some chores and shower.

Came back to a game that was running at 5 FPS with 900+ spawned bananas.

Would do again. 10/10 gameplay

image.png

More healing options could be great! I like the healing spores in the bog a lot.

It took me a really long time to beat the tree boss. I played for 11 hours and was at level 12-13 untill I managed to kill him. 

I'm not great at sending feedback for this type of game. I will say that that my runs started to feel rng dependent when trying to reach the boss over and over again.

10 hours ago, -Nick- said:

It took me a really long time to beat the tree boss. I played for 11 hours and was at level 12-13 untill I managed to kill him. 

I'm not great at sending feedback for this type of game. I will say that that my runs started to feel rng dependent when trying to reach the boss over and over again

After passing the tree boss, the advanced materials dropped in the new level can make the equipment more effective, and there are more things unlocked in the second area, so that the player's starting value is slightly better and there are more choices. These actually increase the pass rate.

Using the equipment from the beginning (before the tree) makes me feel that it is the most difficult.

Archived