Planar Math Question

A Shadow Aligned Wilson with a Brightshade Sword deals 61 damage towards a Brightshade.

I have a calculator I made to calculate the mess that is now damage calculation, but I can't figure out the Shadow alignment of Wilson and the Lunar Alignment of the Brightshade is yielding this number.

How does the math work?

In the formula I have, planarFormula is just a shorthand what I change the damage variable into the planar defense formula: (math.sqrt(damage * 4 + 64) - 8) * 4.

My formula:

planarFormula(weapon_damage * character_multiplier * external_multiplier * armor_choice) + planar_damage

I have no idea where the alignment of both Wilson or the Brightshade takes place.

try this:

((shadow-aligned w/ darksword vs lunar dummy) - (normal-aligned w/ darksword vs lunar dummy)) / (normal-aligned w/ darksword vs lunar dummy)

to get the the % increase in damage from the alignment

Then compare that to the % increase in damage from the alignment AND brightshade sword.

If the % increase is the same for both weapons, then the alignment bonus is applied last. If the % increase is less for the brightshade sword, then the alignment bonus is applied prior to the planar damage.

3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

planarFormula(weapon_damage * character_multiplier * external_multiplier * armor_choice) + planar_damage

There is new feature called "Damage type multiplier" This is specificially work for shadow alignment and lunar alignment

The correct formula for pve would be:
planarFormula(weapon_damage * character_multiplier * external_multiplier * armor_choice * damage type multiplier) + planar_damage * damage type multiplier

Character multiplier is like wendy 25% decreased damage, wolfgang 2x damage... This is old type of multiplier doesnt work on planar damage.
Wilson bonus 10% is not character multiplier but damage type multiplier, therefor it applies for both planar damage and base damage.

Formula in action: (sqrt(38*1.1*4+64)-8)*4+30*1.1 = 61.821
Because boxer use math.floor, the number get round down to 61.

I study these formula for months to put in my mod and even after it worked, showed the correct number, when you asked i still have to spend 30 mins to read back what i studied.
These formula are truely confusing af.

Archived