Wormwood Needs some unique interaction

I still think Wormwood needs some unique relationship with the new Brightshade plants. They're plants from the moon and he is a plant brought to life from the moon. He "relates to plants" is one of his perks. Make it make sense.

Now this can look like any number of things for "balancing purposes" from brightshades not targeting Wormwood, Maybe Wormwood has a different way that he can more easily harvest husks from brightshades like using a razor similar to his unique way of harvesting barnacles from seaweeds, maybe he's able to plant them himself/effect their spawn rate. Maybe their AOE attack doesn't do dmg to someone wearing a bramble husk similar to how you can pick cacti and spiky bushes with no dmg taken when wearing a bramble husk.

The extreme version of this would be giving him a unique bramble husk sort of upgrade that does more dmg per hit than his current armor, for less protection or vice versa, more protection for less AOE dmg. 

The point is Wormwood deserves a SOME sort of connection with this new content since he currently only has two plants with unique interactions. Those being lureplants that are peaceful to him, and Seaweeds that he can harvest barnacles from without a tool and not enrage them. This would be a great use for a defensive or even offensive plant ally.

I wouldn't mind a new Wormwood craftable or something, but I definitely wouldn't want him to neutralize the enemies.

At the end of the day, these are less 'true plants' and rather just warped possession via Brightmares.

15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

neutralize the enemies.

Can't stop giggling because the threats being neutral to him are so redundant compared to say, Sea Weeds and Lureplants.
You can use those! Brightshades not attacking him are still just giant blockades kidnapping plants that other players need to deal with.

Now... on another hand... him getting a craft/upgrade to his brambles... that's something I wouldn't mind. Regen, anyone? Auto resetting? 

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Now... on another hand... him getting a craft/upgrade to his brambles... that's something I wouldn't mind. Regen, anyone? Auto resetting? 

10 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

The extreme version of this would be giving him a unique bramble husk sort of upgrade that does more dmg per hit than his current armor, for less protection or vice versa, more protection for less AOE dmg. 

I created a concept art of the brambles armor upgrade, I think it could be upgraded in Moon forge for 1-2 husks of new plants. I think if you give it more Endurance than it is now, you will add additional penetrating damage. this will be more than enough ^^

Без названия27_20230422150449.png

39 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I created a concept art of the brambles armor upgrade, I think it could be upgraded in Moon forge for 1-2 husks of new plants. I think if you give it more Endurance than it is now, you will add additional penetrating damage. this will be more than enough ^^

absolutely beautiful concept, thank you for expanding.

7 hours ago, -Variant said:

Can't stop giggling because the threats being neutral to him are so redundant compared to say, Sea Weeds and Lureplants.
You can use those! Brightshades not attacking him are still just giant blockades kidnapping plants that other players need to deal with.

One could set up a bait farm plot to purposefully keep brightshades as say hound defense, or set up bright shades at bee queen similar to a Wicker tentacle farm. And since they now don't affect walls one could really potentially set up all number of auto kill mob farms, it really would be revolutionary if Wormwood was made neutral to them.

11 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I wouldn't mind a new Wormwood craftable or something, but I definitely wouldn't want him to neutralize the enemies.

At the end of the day, these are less 'true plants' and rather just warped possession via Brightmares.

Those plants are more related to wormwood that true plants are to him, dunno.

Allow Wormwood to open up the Brightshades without having to attack them. That way the first round of attacks are free without having to engage in combat with the vines. Subsequent times they will be hostile if Wormwood attacked the brightshade otherwise he can just open it up.
Also Bramble wall or remove damage done to walls/fences from Bramble Husk and Bramble Trap please. I still dream of making a farm using the traps.

6 hours ago, Wonz said:

Those plants are more related to wormwood that true plants are to him, dunno.

Related sure.

My point is that they're Brightmares possessing plant life and those are hostile to Wormwood anyway you slice it.

10 hours ago, Evelo said:

Allow Wormwood to open up the Brightshades without having to attack them. That way the first round of attacks are free without having to engage in combat with the vines. Subsequent times they will be hostile if Wormwood attacked the brightshade otherwise he can just open it up.
Also Bramble wall or remove damage done to walls/fences from Bramble Husk and Bramble Trap please. I still dream of making a farm using the traps.

Bramble Walls Seems like a really cool addition, though it doesnt really tie in into the Birghtshades being added into game.
Bramble Husk turning into bright shade husk upgrade seems more likely as an appropriate crafting upgrade for wormwood.

as for his interaction with brightshades, i agree that wormwood should have a certain interaction with them, maybe even wormwood could become a candidate for brightshade possesion (since hes a plant himself) , allowing him to enter an enhanced state like blooming for a certain period of time where he gets to make new crafts like being able to create bramble husk rather than living log and saving the survivors the pain of having to fight an extra brightshade plant (since wormwood has absorbed it).

12 hours ago, Golden Daemon said:

Bramble Walls Seems like a really cool addition, though it doesnt really tie in into the Birghtshades being added into game.

Oh the bramble wall idea was like a year before this update came into question. Been asking for it a long long long long time.

On 4/22/2023 at 8:47 AM, Creatorofswamps said:

Omg this seems soooo right

Archived