The idea of how to avoid the destruction caused by the portal, but leave the threat and the chance of its occurrence

What if the portal does not uproot trees, objects, plants, but mutates them? Branches, trees, mushrooms became lunar, grass turned into geckos, berry bushes became berry bushes,stones became lunar, and the player's buildings and Sinkhole werecovered with lunar Glass and ceased to function until the end of the fault. This would add past the extraction of new resources, old lunar resources and the use of variability (for example, from a regular bush to a holly bush) And it will reconcile those who want to survive and dangers with those who are afraid for their bases, because they will not lose anything, but will acquire a variety of decor.

11 minutes ago, Dextops said:

his change may be controversial 

It's debatable, but in fact bushes remain bushes, isn't it? You can make them dry or turn them into juicy berry bushes and vice versa. The main thing is to show imagination

13 minutes ago, Dextops said:

this change may be controversial

I'm talking about this:

Дикий_ягодный_куст_в_игре.png

3 hours ago, Evelo said:

Or just leave it being destructive and have an option to toggle it on or off for people who do not want to deal with the destructive aspect.

This isn't a good idea. It'd be like if dst just never changed disease. This mechanic is extremely flawed and nobody wants it it'd be better if they were just balanced and tweaked.

14 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Guess I am nobody.
Classic Wormwood the Lonesome moment.

Well ye-

In all seriousness I think a “don’t like it don’t use it” perspective can just lead to a lack of use from items and mechanics. I’d much rather have it so that nobody or most people don’t have to do something like that than just adding that option as the be all fix all

I like its destructive properties in its own self. It's overtuned currently, but I do like that ounce of urgency. 

I do however, love the idea of them moontating nearby resources. It'd almost be worth it if it started growing its own lunetrees. 

On 4/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, Dextops said:

all seriousness I think a “don’t like it don’t use it” perspective can just lead to a lack of use from items and mechanics. I’d much rather have it so that nobody or most people don’t have to do something like that than just adding that option as the be all fix all

Ive always believed things should be tuned to be generally liked out of the box.

its great to have options for people who dont like x or y, but something that’s flawed or generally disliked should be considered for change, even if players can go into the settings themselves and change it.

its like if every movie opened up in ultrawide with subtitles on by default no matter what the your tv settings were. Yeah its not that hard to fix it, but most people dont watch movies with ultrawide on, and a lot of people consider subtitles distracting.

I think the destruction is annoying, maybe most people dont, but it should be CONSIDERED for removal, and if removed, maybe you can get a setting to turn it back on :P

21 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

I think the destruction is annoying, maybe most people dont, but it should be CONSIDERED for removal, and if removed, maybe you can get a setting to turn it back on :P

If it didn't destroy objects, they would look strange on the lunar territory, I think my proposal would be a good compromise

Archived