Floral scent- gross food?

A quick question- my duplicants keep doing the bad/contaminated food animation after their meal. I assumed it was the espresso machine that kept spreading germs because of my not exactly clean water, so I put up a hand sanitizer, but they keep doing the animation.

image.thumb.png.ac2ef20f6c4addbf2a3d54bb15c938f6.png

They all get fed high quality food, and it's kept deep frozen in a sterile atmosphere. The hand sanitizer solved the food poisoning germs, but there's plenty of floral scant around.

image.thumb.png.3fe2f1f9c98743de5f2c584af3267cf3.png

Can it be that any germs, even the floral scent (that should affect only allergic dupes) triggers the animation?

Floral scent doesn't trigger the animation. But you can see on your screenshot that your dupes are contaminated by food poisoning germs, the yellow dots on them are proof.

So watch them in the germ overlay, to see which interactions transfer germs to them, and consequently their food when they touch it.

If the water that feeds the espresso machine has germs in it or if the pincha peppernut that was delivered to it's storage has germs on them then the resulting espresso will also have food poisoning germs in it and thus pass to the dupes. Floral scent only affects dupes that have allergies by making them sneeze a lot and doesn't affect the food at all.

9 hours ago, Joe Dee said:

Floral scent doesn't trigger the animation. But you can see on your screenshot that your dupes are contaminated by food poisoning germs, the yellow dots on them are proof.

So watch them in the germ overlay, to see which interactions transfer germs to them, and consequently their food when they touch it.

You can see on the second screenshot a clean dupe doing the animation as well, on the left. The ones on the right entered through different doors that didn't have hand sanitizer built nearby yet.

The espresso machine had precisely one food poisoning germ when I took he screenshot.

I guess one more hand sanitizer in front of the food storage won't hurt.

52 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Your dupes have food-poisoning on them (yellow), carrying food will transfer a small amount of that to the food. Hence the emote.

Floral scent will only cause the allergic ones to sneeze. 

On 3/12/2023 at 11:16 AM, BezKa said:

You can see on the second screenshot a clean dupe doing the animation as well, on the left.

I guess the real problem is the floral scent germs obscuring visibility of food poisoning.

2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

There is a low range were dupes till have food-poisoning on them, but it is not visible. Even a single germ ending up on the food while it is being carried is enough for the emote.

That's really annoying. Freezing the colony it is.

Archived