Allowing Wortox to heal the Shield of Terror's durability

I mean think about the possibilities. Its not a stupidly strong weapon, a hambat can do the same and its cheap. I fail to use this weapon exactly cuz I dont have spare food all the time so I rather go for the more reliable choice. But once Wortox could interact with the item two things will happen:

1 - its fun. Some chars have weapons and unicque ways to interact with it. It adds up.
2 - its consistent which makes it something some players would go for it

Watchu guys think?

Could be interesting I guess if maybe you feed it the souls and you lose sanity as if you’d eaten the soul yourself since feeding on souls makes wortox lose sanity. 

I wouldn’t call it necessary but it would certainly be an interesting fix I suppose, don’t really know if wortox needs the buff though lol.

think it would be a good mechanic, but this item needs buffs OVERALL too. The twins are some of the strongest bosses in the game and the loot should be equivalent. Personally, I think the Eye Mask is better than the Shield — although I don't see the point in a better loot being dropped from the weakest boss, I'm glad the Eye of Terror drops that incredible mask! :wilson_smile:

2 hours ago, Castiliano said:

think it would be a good mechanic, but this item needs buffs OVERALL too. The twins are some of the strongest bosses in the game and the loot should be equivalent. Personally, I think the Eye Mask is better than the Shield — although I don't see the point in a better loot being dropped from the weakest boss, I'm glad the Eye of Terror drops that incredible mask! :wilson_smile:

idk, I prefer the shield over the mask. although a small buff to max durability could be nice. 

6 hours ago, Castiliano said:

how is the mask better? the shield gives the same protection in a slot that makes you able to have 3 armor pieces while also has 50 damage (the golden number in this game)

i wont be against it having a little more durability or, i doubt at this point, a little dash every few seconds. The dash would also help in the "sharing tusk among players" problem because if you don't get a cane you could fight them to get a mobility item

30 minutes ago, Well-met said:

no lol. It's very easy to drown in terror items

totally! only would be needed 120 ingame days to give a mask and shield to 3 players

also the idea isnt about if is easy or difficult to break them but a flavour perk that fits because they are alive...

Idk about it being healed if Wortox drops a soul, seems inconsistent. The shields are fed to regain durability, not healed. If they were then you would be able to use a healing salve or honey poultice on it. Cool concept but unless the item as a whole was changed to make it consistent then i'm not a fan.

Wortox being able to feed it a soul though sounds cool, not exactly sure which the OP meant but I don't see a reason why the Terror items can't be soul-eating.

22 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Wortox being able to feed it a soul though sounds cool, not exactly sure which the OP meant but I don't see a reason why the Terror items can't be soul-eating.

I like that option a lot more! It’s still healing it with souls indirectly, but makes more sense.

I wish souls would work for more things, like:

- heal minions (Wortox has a hard time getting minions, so if by whatever reason he has them, or his friends have them, the healing could spread through them)
- heal the Beefalo being ridden (20 hp it’s tiny to their health pool anyway, but it could be worth doing it in some situations)
- Teleporting while riding the beefalo (I still see no reason why he can’t do that. It would open a lot of fun gameplay options for him. You can do that with the lazy explorer)

3 hours ago, MadMatt said:

The shields are fed to regain durability, not healed

actually the formula is something around hunger x health. For example, monster meat works well cuz it gives -20 health and it always count as positive so thats why it heals so much in durability :] 

@Edit: Its in wiki:

image.png.90f4cfa6c24390d27405bbf28d3e2be3.png

as u can see health is 4 times important, food only 1,75

Lorewise not only the item is alive but plus Wortox WENT for the Terraria realm just to get the Terrarium and I wonder if it could has a meaning like a weapon which would be good in his hands or whatev

50 minutes ago, Mr Giggio said:

as u can see health is 4 times important, food only 1,75

But it has to be fed to them. If it just giving health was reason enough then salves and poultice would work. It's reasonable to feed them souls but there is no precedent for them to be healed by dropped souls.

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

how is the mask better?

Of course, this is my opinion biased by my style and gameplay, in addition to the fact that the Eye Mask is my favorite item in the entire game, sharing the podium with the Walking Cane, but here goes:

• The main reason is that it is an item for the head slot and not for the hand slot

• How easy it is to get, my record is to obtain on day 2, with the help of many beefalos. But, on average, I usually get it on the 4th/5th day.

• How much I save basic resources, without having to make armor and helmets; I usually only make a single helmet to fight against EoT and, after that, I discard it. I'm so comfortable with the Eye Mask that I can run through basically every boss with it (just avoiding to use against CC and FW), and often times without feeling the need to even replace it with other items like the Thulecite Crown. As for the hand slot, I really prefer other weapons. By the time I manage to get the Shield, I'm already advanced enough to fight with better weapons!

The shield being in the hand slot is why it's so strong. It lets you have a good weapon + good armor + magi\clothes\backpack + tam\clothes\minerhat. Or you could double or even triple up on armor, causing more valuable things like thulecite suits to break slower because a portion of the damage is being taken by something that's easily repairable. It also saves a ton of inventory space since both a weapon and armor are on the same slot, and in order to make them infinite durability it's just 1 more slot. Normally it's 2 slots for a weapon and armor, then 1-5 more to make them renewable. A huge saving when there's only 15 slots total.

The shield is more of an advanced item, the hat is definitely better for new players. It's easier to break it since it loses durability from both attacking or defending, its best uses involve you changing how you play at least a little, and if you're using it as your only armor some things can be a bit risky. The hat is literally just a football helmet that can be repaired, so that's really easy to make proper use of.

Archived