Bad Design

3 hours ago, DVGMedia said:

However I think it would be interesting if beefalos could eat grass off of tufts just so they could halt the hunger drain on their own.

Or maybe even feeders, to fill with grass and twigs just as alternative to salt licks and constant farming nitre. Grass production can be sort of automated with grass geckos. 

7 hours ago, Wonky656 said:

The problem is that if you change objects from slot 1 and from your hand very often (combat using ham bat and Cane) it is very common that the other object ends up going to any slot, that is a problem of the game, not of the player ( any slot passes although it is more common for it to pass in the first ones)

and again, that isnt the case. Never happens to me neither to anybody i saw that know how works because i organize my inventory

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

and again, that isnt the case. Never happens to me neither to anybody i saw that know how works because i organize my inventory

I'm lazy to open the game, save and record but here is a mini example:

at minute 29:27 seconds he carries a Cane and changes it to the Lantern that is in the last slot, having free spaces this Cane goes to any slot except the one that corresponded to the Lantern.

9 hours ago, Notecja said:

Or maybe even feeders, to fill with grass and twigs just as alternative to salt licks and constant farming nitre. Grass production can be sort of automated with grass geckos. 

Exactly, even if there is a Nitre farm it is still very expensive for one and then there is the issue of the tables... If only each one lasted, I don't know, 60 days? I could be fine... So far taking care of the beefalo with Salt Lick is much more expensive than, for example, having a Rider and getting on it every 3 days.

1 hour ago, Wonky656 said:

at minute 29:27 seconds he carries a Cane and changes it to the Lantern that is in the last slot, having free spaces this Cane goes to any slot except the one that corresponded to the Lantern.

where was the lantern before being in his hand?? is what i explained to you but you keep ignoring it

also he shorts item from right to left instead of left to right (also explained in my comment)

never happend to me bacause i dont place my lantern in the middle of the inventory before equiping it...

edit. @Wonky656 check from min 28:12 and pay a lot of attention to min 28:50 and he does when he places the dark sword from inventory 5 to his hand.

full scene with cane+WP+weapon(which are replaced by other weapons in other slot) and magi+purple amulet and nothing weird happend. 

https://youtu.be/TnH-2jIZqlA

and yeah, his inventory is filled but that isnt important as you and many youtubers think (they always fill their inventory with sticks for some reason) if you place all your items from left to right without letting empty slots in between. I have done that fight with more item switching (i also switch head slot sometimes) with half inventory empty and nothing happend because i followed thr rules of the inventory 

i will repeat myself, isnt the most intuitive inventory in the videogame industry but it works well and the things you describe are players fault for not knowing how the inventory works. The only bad design about the inventory is needing many hours to understand it

1 thing I always wanted to try out but never did the effort to is a barnacle farm. Barnacle dishes are neat, but farming them feels like too much time and effort. I'm not talkinga bout setting up the farm, I'm fine with farms that are hard to setup. But harvesting them, you would have to go to a faraway part of ocean at night everytime you want to harvest them as sea stacks are never near shore :(

1 hour ago, BB Marioni said:

1 thing I always wanted to try out but never did the effort to is a barnacle farm. Barnacle dishes are neat, but farming them feels like too much time and effort. I'm not talkinga bout setting up the farm, I'm fine with farms that are hard to setup. But harvesting them, you would have to go to a faraway part of ocean at night everytime you want to harvest them as sea stacks are never near shore :(

Hmm good yes, there are many unintuitive foods and even though they may be very good in life, sanity or hunger they are not very profitable... I'll write it down

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

The only bad design about the inventory is needing many hours to understand it

It is indeed hard to understand. I watched some tutorials and I still fail to manage my inventory properly to the point I can't defeat AF (and probably due to a lack of skill).

It's the first time I see an explanation like yours. I will test it out during my next vacation. Anyway, thank you.

30 minutes ago, Logsphinx said:

It is indeed hard to understand. I watched some tutorials and I still fail to manage my inventory properly to the point I can't defeat AF (and probably due to a lack of skill).

It's the first time I see an explanation like yours. I will test it out during my next vacation. Anyway, thank you.

if you have any doubts you can ask via dm

Archived