Am I missing something with the Hermit?

So I'm not sure if I'm being dumb or if this is a bug, but when I send a dupe to knock on the door of the container nothing happens.  They just stand there until I cancel the knock.  They don't even leave if they need to pee, breath, eat, or sleep.

To be fair, I am running a couple mods (bigger zoom out, wounded go to med bed), so it's possible one of them is interfering.

3 hours ago, fluxpinner said:

Huh, I'm not getting that even when I disable all mods.  Guess it's time to file a bug report.

Did you spawn in a dupe or did you use an already existing one? Now that I think of it.. I didn't use an existing dupe, I spawned a new one via sandbox mode, a very special knocker. After several seconds of waiting and doing nothing, there was a brief fade to black and the hermit "missions" popped up.

All mods disabled, with just modloader running.

I used my existing dupes.  I assumed it would work like unlocking gravitas doors since it's a toggling errand, but they never complete the action.  Actually, given it overrides the schedule, I guess it's more like a teleporter.  I first noticed there was an issue whenI started getting an intermittent suffocation alert because the dupe couldn't move out of their pool of co2 from standing there breathing all day.

2 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

You got to actually have the food  4+ quality or beter.

There's a checklist of objectives that tell you.   So you might not have the required food in  your colony for it too appear there.

Thanks for the clue. I saw the checklist, but the bit about it being +4 only shows up when you mouseover.

Archived