Walter's freeze and slowdown rounds

So with the introduction of stronger and more unique crowd control in the form of Maxwell's spells does anyone think maybe we should change freeze rounds and slowdown rounds for a different type of round?

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way and I know I've more or less brought this up in the past but with the new standards set by each rework I figure I'd see how people felt about it once more.

Walter's freeze rounds don't really have a meaningful advantage over ice staffs aside from storage and slowdown rounds are very niche in their applications compared to their costs however I do admit in the few areas they do help they work quite well. Honestly I don't have any ideas for replacements but I was hoping someone would pitch some interesting ideas.

There for sure needs to be some buffs to Slowdown rounds. It is absurd that Maxwell out of the gate gets several casts for Shadow Sneak that inflicts the same slowdown debuff but in an AoE and for the cost of 1/5th of a nightmare fuel, whilst Walter spends a purple gem + moon rock for ten shots that are only single target.

I had done a silly experimental mod where instead of slowdown rounds inflicting just a movement speed debuff, it slowed down everything in the mob, from animation lengths to ability timers and whatever else you can think of. Turned out very fun in my test runs and made for a unique ability that no other character had. I would be okay with just a basic attack speed reduction tacked on too, just anything else! It's a bit saddening that Wanda speaks about the ammo messing with the timeline but all it does is just slow down movement speed. There's so much more you can do!

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

There for sure needs to be some buffs to Slowdown rounds. It is absurd that Maxwell out of the gate gets several casts for Shadow Sneak that inflicts the same slowdown debuff but in an AoE and for the cost of 1/5th of a nightmare fuel, whilst Walter spends a purple gem + moon rock for ten shots that are only single target.

I had done a silly experimental mod where instead of slowdown rounds inflicting just a movement speed debuff, it slowed down everything in the mob, from animation lengths to ability timers and whatever else you can think of. Turned out very fun in my test runs and made for a unique ability that no other character had. I would be okay with just a basic attack speed reduction tacked on too, just anything else! It's a bit saddening that Wanda speaks about the ammo messing with the timeline but all it does is just slow down movement speed. There's so much more you can do!

Peronally I've always felt Walter's ammo was too expensive for what it does overall above gold tier. I'm hoping they make his other ammo more rewarding or giving him cheaper variants to mess with or ideally both.

6 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Walter, willow, Winona, and woodie are the ones that come to mind all for different reasons.

Pretty ironic, since (excluding Walter) those characters were the worst before they even did any reworks. Now we are about done with reworks and they are once again the worst just because of the power creep

Archived