How to fill lamps/armor/weapons multiple times?

Hi,

I've been a DS/DST player ever since it came out for PS4. I have the PS3, PS4, PC and Android versions of all DS/DST games and DLCs.

Needless to say that I'm addicted to this game ;-)

Now for my help request:

In DS we could, for example, fill a lamp from 0-100 with the controller, just pick up the ligh bulbs, move to the lamp and press triangle 5 times and when release R2 the lamp would be 4 times filled up to 96%.

But on DST that doesn't work, I have to press R2, then move the bulb to the lamp, press 1 time the triangle and let go R2 and then rinse and repeat. No matter how many times I press the triangle, when I release R2, it only does 1 action/fill.

I was "ok" with this, praying for a QOL update to fix this until a few days agora when I saw someone on twitch filling Wanda's clock without doing this mambo-jambo combo. This means it is possible to do it on DST !!!!

Can anyone explain what key combos I need to do to do this?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I'm not sure this solves your problem but the way I refuel stuff is by dropping on the ground and using right arrow to spam fuel, I just find it much more convenient not needing to use R2. 

I do that too for example when refueling lamps. I put it on the ground and fill it 4 or 5 times.

But to fuel armor/weapon during a fight, it has to be while equipped.

As I mentioned, I thought there was no way to do it, but since i say Mzajy_ charge the clock with a single move it means there is a way to do it, I just need to find out how ;-)

Thanks BeeClops.

On a unrelated note, we can only recharge/repair if the recharger is on main inventory. It does not work if its on the backpack ... this one has to be a bug.

3 hours ago, lobomau71 said:

Mzajy_ charge the clock with a single move it means there is a way to do it, I just need to find out how ;-)

Hey...

I think because I play with Auto-Pause disable? But as far as I know, the latest update (maybe 256?) will allow you to keep filling/refueling without any interruption even If the auto pause enabled.

Hope this will answer your question.

2 hours ago, Another membe said:

Huh..? I don't have to press r2 several times to refuel anything...

Perhaps autopause is to blame, as I immediately disabled it.

5 hours ago, Mj- said:

Hey...

I think because I play with Auto-Pause disable? But as far as I know, the latest update (maybe 256?) will allow you to keep filling/refueling without any interruption even If the auto pause enabled.

Hope this will answer your question.

You were probably right, it must had been the auto-pause. But I just tested the game now, and after yesterdays update IT FINALLY WORKS !!!!!

Every triangle press now auto-unpauses for a milisecond and refuels!!!

Now if Klei fixes the auto-targeting on console, this game will be PERFECT :-D

Thank you both.

ps: On the negative side, yesterdays update changed the celestial orb and now we cannot place it inside chester any more. I used it to keep from loosing chester :-(

On 11/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, lobomau71 said:

In DS we could, for example, fill a lamp from 0-100 with the controller, just pick up the ligh bulbs, move to the lamp and press triangle 5 times and when release R2 the lamp would be 4 times filled up to 96%.

But on DST that doesn't work, I have to press R2, then move the bulb to the lamp, press 1 time the triangle and let go R2 and then rinse and repeat. No matter how many times I press the triangle, when I release R2, it only does 1 action/fill.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but in regards to say a Miners Hat/Lantern using Lightbulbs as fuel, you should be able to-

Tap R2, select the Lightbulbs, move them over your Miners Hat/Lantern, hit Triangle as many times as required, then tap R2 again to exit item select mode.

It's been forever since I've played DS, and I've never tried holding R2 while fueling items, but you shouldn't be having to tap R2 for each individual fueling action.

21 hours ago, lobomau71 said:

ps: On the negative side, yesterdays update changed the celestial orb and now we cannot place it inside chester any more. I used it to keep from loosing chester

This only affects Shadow Chester. In the other hand Snow and default Chester doesn't prevent you from placing the Orb inside.

Archived