Renewable Abyssalite from the Diamond Press

In the Diamond Press a new recipe could be added to make Abyssalite from materials such as: Obsidian, Diamond/Refined Carbon, Glass, Ceramic, Tungsten etc.

After Abyssalite is renewable through rocketry in the base game, it seems like a good idea to add some way of obtaining it in the Spaced Out! DLC too.

It could be prohibitively expensive though, as Resin for Insulation already is, and at the stage it becomes useful, large amounts of the above materials can be obtained.

I like the idea of getting access through POIs (e.g. Glimmering, Rocky) again as well, and I think both can exist to cater to different playstyles. The POI approach for the more space oriented players, and the recipe for the "Home Sweet Home" style.

I wouldn't make it too expensive however. Geotuning for several geysers now requires it. What was Klei thinking in not making abyssalite renewable in the DLC when it's renewable in the base game, this should be critical priority to fix, it wouldn't even be that hard! @JarrettM or anyone else on the dev team, please!

Archived