Help! Werepigs destroying my walls

So for hundred of days I've had a pig farm that worked perfectly fine.  16 pig huts around a stone enclosure (with wood gate) and food inside.  I had no problems and regularly killed werepigs every full moon.

but now all of a sudden they are destroying my walls to get at the twinkie (powder cake).  I've rebuilt the walls 2 times and the problem persists.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks.

Are your walls layered/more than one wall in the enclosure? My guess is either there's too many walls, or something keeping the werepigs from having a "line of sight" to the treat, which often makes them attack walls more often to get to the bait. Keep the walls at one layer only to stop any funky pathfinding they'll do. Hope it helps

The walls are only one layer thick.

I removed all the walls, or what was left of them, and rebuilt the enclosure.  Now I'm just waiting for the next full moon to see if that works.

If not, then I may just use fossils instead of walls.

I'm not a big fan of how there are so many hostile / neutral mobs that attack walls for the fun of it, a bit out of topic but imo it would be better if they (most of them, and definitively not giants or hounds) only attacked them while they have a combat target, but not being allowed to make fancy buildings just because spiders, pigs and that kind of stuff will munch them is... annoying. :???:

Consider using statues instead of walls in the long-run, if I remember correctly pigs/werepigs cannot break statues or attack them for that matter, and they keep them inside just as well as walls. Super easy to set up and you can use a variety of resources to create them if you don't want to use rocks.

14 hours ago, Owlrust said:

Consider using statues instead of walls in the long-run, if I remember correctly pigs/werepigs cannot break statues or attack them for that matter, and they keep them inside just as well as walls. Super easy to set up and you can use a variety of resources to create them if you don't want to use rocks.

the problem is that they might load inside the statues and eat the bait cuz "statues arent intended to work as walls and they will never do" according to certain dev...

So removing all the walls/gates and rebuilding it from scratch seems to have worked.  Guess it's some bug/glitch.

Kinda a pain in the butt, but I can live with it.  Hopefully it doesn't regularly repeat.

Archived