magma to igneous rock to magma loop using the niobium volcano?

so I have this theoretical loop for the magma planet that I need picked apart by the community:

step 1: magma connects to heat exchanger that transfers magma heat into a hot steam room and eventually cools down enough to become igneous rock

step 2: igneous rock connects to a heat exchanger that transfers niobium volcano temperatures to the igneous rock that melts it back into magma

loop/rinse/repeat

in what ways does this not work, and is there a way to solve it?

I know this wouldn't work with my current set up because the magma i'm using in step 1 forms a solid tile that I then use a robo-miner to destroy thus destroying half of the mass which i then replace with more magma, so eventually I run out of magma/igneous rock. But what if I were to, say, have a box of magma surrounded by diamond tiles surrounded by thermium tiles/doors with one side connected to the steam room and another side connected to the niobium volcano? Would that retain the mass of magma/igneous rock if i can prime it with enough liquid niobium?

3 minutes ago, darknotezero said:

i'm sucking the heat out of magma to heat up a steam room. Steam turbines are my main power source (along with some solar panels).

Cant just suck the heat out of the niobium since that the heat source?

9 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Cant just suck the heat out of the niobium since that the heat source?

i suppose i could, this is just born out of trying to adapt what I already have existing rather than ripping it all out to change it since i had set up the steam room before tapping into the niobium volcano in the first place. This is also the first time i've ever tried to deal with the niobium volcano period, so i'm in the explore/idea phase of potential uses for that heat rather than simply deleting it into steam turbines

18 minutes ago, darknotezero said:

i suppose i could, this is just born out of trying to adapt what I already have existing rather than ripping it all out to change it since i had set up the steam room before tapping into the niobium volcano in the first place. This is also the first time i've ever tried to deal with the niobium volcano period, so i'm in the explore/idea phase of potential uses for that heat rather than simply deleting it into steam turbines

From my experience, it not worth it to farm power on asteroid that you dont live in. Niobium asteroid is especially the one that you wont live in. You cant transfer that power, you cant use that power, and the power plant cost system performance. Just ignore the magma, the heat from niobium + solar pannel is enough for 1~2 rad bolt generator + space turret, just make few natural wheezewort around the rad bolt generator and your niobium are good to go.

5 hours ago, Tranoze said:

From my experience, it not worth it to farm power on asteroid that you dont live in.

I've spent more time than I'll admit to thinking about how I could potentially design a system for moving energy between asteroids, specifically for the purpose of using the heat from the conductive asteroid to power the other colonies.

The best I could come up with was importing water and exporting superheated steam, but the logistical difficulty of moving a large amount of water/steam back and forth has made me consistently decide it's not worth the effort.

On 10/17/2022 at 4:56 AM, darknotezero said:

I know this wouldn't work with my current set up because the magma i'm using in step 1 forms a solid tile that I then use a robo-miner to destroy thus destroying half of the mass

Well, you can build heat exchanger in a way with only small amounts of magma contacting it and to solidify as debris. But. there are some materials adding heat in process. Use salt, convert it to gas, cool gas back and you have bonus energy.

If you just need to transfer power from point A to point B, use conveyor loop with diamonds in it. diamonds can carry heat through vacuum to any part of asteroid and this is free

On 10/18/2022 at 1:58 AM, Simonova said:

I've spent more time than I'll admit to thinking about how I could potentially design a system for moving energy between asteroids, specifically for the purpose of using the heat from the conductive asteroid to power the other colonies.

Maybe it will be better to move magma itself? And extract energy on destination point? No-contact pump should do the work. This way you shouldnt move anything back, and you get rock as byproduct (which could be transformed into coal and used as energy source again)

Archived