Achieve perfect level of radiation for your plant with math.

What this do is to farm all farm plant at max level of radiation for maximum mutant seeds out put. Since this progress require tons of nuclear waste you might as well use math to make it beautiful and balance out the radiation level.

All you need for this is excess amount of nuclear waste (about a thousand tons), an amount of radiation needed, for me, it 12121 as it's qute beatiful number and it close to 12200 radiation maximum for sleet wheat, and a complicated system to pump and freeze all those nuclear waste to solid tile. I wont get into the pump and freeze nuclear waste system, but i can give you the math and how to get the number needed for this build.

To get the numbers, you need to solve a Simultaneous Linear Equations for five variables:
image.png.92197dcb2d7a9763d9cfbd5b62aa681a.png
I found a simple online solver here https://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/matrix5.cgi
All you need to do is fill up those number here

image.png.374286afea013284d1d671cd6bb6fe14.png
I wanted the result radiation to be 12121, replace the 12121 with the number you want and you ll get the same result. 
*Warning: you need to build the farm tile with uranium ore or gold amalgam, as they are the lowest radiation blocking. You dont have to do the minus 23/31/34 on the equations if you use gold amalgam.

24 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

So, how many seconds to kill a dupe in there?

Dupe can work with 2 tiles range, and natural nuclear waste have 2 tile range in radiation, so as long as you dont work directly with nuclear waste tile, most dupe will stand outside radiation range.
Other than that, about 50 seconds to kill a dupe in 2 tile range there, and about 16 secs to kill if dupe stand right on top of one of the nuclear tile.

There must be a way to automate this. There's no need for dupes to bathe in radiation while they are applying fertilizer.

You just need them to "endure" while they are harvesting.

So use ladders, doors, whatever... so we can have a final product that does not make dupes glow green, unless we want them to glow .

Edit: By "automate" I mean: have a way to decrease radiation levels or have the dupe far enough from the source that he/she/it can reliably survive without puking their soul out. Then light them up as they are going to harvest.

16 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

Edit: By "automate" I mean: have a way to decrease radiation levels or have the dupe far enough from the source that he/she/it can reliably survive without puking their soul out. Then light them up as they are going to harvest.

Oh we just need to have ladder 2 tile above farm tile, and it is safe to go. Dupe doesnt need to stand right where plant is to ferterlize them.

Archived