Refueling on controller

Trying to refuel a lantern or a miner's hat on a controller (and Steam Deck by extension) is, quite frankly, awful. Having to pull up the inventory menu over and over and over again just putting one in at a time is really hard to do in a multiplayer setting where nothing stops for you. Also, apparently you can't even refuel anything if the fuel source is in a backpack. Am I missing an easier way to do this or could something be done to make this interaction way less tedious than it is?

18 minutes ago, Flarezen said:

Dst just a very unfriendly game for console/controller/steam deck users. The controller needs a qol of its own as there a lot of problems beside fueling items

Honestly, the game is fine on controller. I'm having a good time on my Steam Deck playing DST, it's just this one mechanic that was just done poorly imo.

4 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Honestly, the game is fine on controller. I'm having a good time on my Steam Deck playing DST, it's just this one mechanic that was just done poorly imo.

Teleport, weather pain, targeting are pretty terrible on controller

12 hours ago, jrthekidRS said:

I always just drop the item on the ground then refuel it while it's on the floor. Not a perfect solution but better than the alternative.

same here, it's faster and I don't need to open the inventory tab; it helps having your fuel near the hand/body slot or near the refuelable item. It's not ideal, but like you said, better than the alternative. 

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

same here, it's faster and I don't need to open the inventory tab; it helps having your fuel near the hand/body slot or near the refuelable item. It's not ideal, but like you said, better than the alternative. 

Unless your playing as Wortox & discover the button that turns ON/OFF your dropped lantern is also the same button that makes you teleport AWAY from said lantern.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Unless your playing as Wortox & discover the button that turns ON/OFF your dropped lantern is also the same button that makes you teleport AWAY from said lantern.

yeah I did that a few times, but I don't turn lanterns off too much; it happens more when I'm cooking lol

Archived