Spice Grinder needs reselecting continuously?

For whatever reason I have to reselect it every time... not exactly sure why and when but it happens a lot. After every reload, game saving maybe? Having to constantly click on one of the spices to make it a task for duplicants again becomes really annoying. Is this a bug or there's some mechanic I'm not understanding?

Am I really the only one with this issue? I have a save from an update before the spice grinder was introduced, but I think I found one way that this happens. When no duplicant is working or has selected to be working on the grinder and I switch to a different screen (rocket or other planetoid) or possible reload save in that moment, I will have to click on the grinder, then click again on the spice I want for the thing to start working again and duplicants to have errands for it. It drops its contents and then stuff for the spice is resupplied along with food. Also I have duplicants putting non-spiced food in the fridge of a rocket that has "spiced food only" selected and it's really frustrating.

More bugs I have found is that you cannot cancel compost and there is no button to sweep something that dropped from fridge after you selected to compost it until you deselect that food item and click on it again. I cannot be the only one experiencing these issues, right? I do have 3 mods running; blueprints, errand pliers and sweep by type but I doubt any of those have anything to do with the save. I would make some bug reports but I have no idea what's going on here precisely.

12 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

Am I really the only one with this issue?

I dont know, most of my dupe are still outside the main asteroid so havent touch spice grinder yet, maybe give it sometimes and people with the same issue my appear.

I believe you tried disabled all mod and reload the game few times and the bug still exist?

On 10/24/2022 at 9:11 PM, The Plum Gate said:

This device is strange - it will basically negate the food spillage to the point that it was pre dlc spoilage.

It has other recipies than despoilage though. I wish they were more useful.

Archived