Wigfrid Spotlight

Something I know that's high up on the list of why people play DST is roleplaying. And even after Wigfrid's refresh I feel like her theatrical expression was lacking. And now we finally have an opportunity for her to have a touchstone to her identity-Something all the best characters here have (e.g. Wicker her bookcase, Wendy the graveyard, Wurt the swamp, Wormwood the farmland). As our resident performance artist, it feels as though Wigfrid should have some sort of affinity for the stage set piece. Why, I could even see her make it her home base. The question is what could possibly be the feature that entices a Wigfrid-main to the stage? (She's already a top tier powerful survivor, and I fear giving her yet another perk would be downright gamebreaking) 

-The only thing I can think of is what if her performance on the stage provided a sanity aura to those watching? It would totally make sense from a survival perspective for an act of leisure to boost morale. 

-What if she were able to store her sheet music on the same music stand as the playbill? Could the playbill also be given the same ability the cartographer's desk was just given and convert sketches and BPs to papyrus?

What are other people's ideas?(keeping in mind, nothing major in terms of a workload and buffing power) 

Also while we're on the topic, I haven't tested this but if there are any Winona's spotlights near stage, it should prioritize the player on stage. Create a much more theatrical experience. Plus fun base building :)

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 10.16.56 PM.png

Wasn’t Wigfrids entire reason she got “fired” as an actress was because she played one role as a Viking/Valkyrie a little “Too Good” and every other role she tried to perform she sucked at because she was stuck in the Viking role?

I too would love to see Wigfrids character get some love but this, just doesn’t make sense, come to think of it Wigfrid should probably have entirely INCORRECT Viking based lines and attempt to deal battle with imaginary snakes.

Klei could extend upon that by having her be absolutely terrible at the Stage “Acts” until a scene calls for loud screaming, spear combat, or in General- The things Wigfrid is good at because she can’t snap out of this one particular role.

Wigfrid Scene 1 act 1- “TO BATTLE!” 

Wilson: “Not Yet Wigfrid your skipping too far ahead” 

Wigfrid Scene 2 Act 2: “BATTLE I SAY!”

Wilson: “No Wigfrid.. There’s no Battle Yet.”

Wilson Scene 3 Act 3: *whispers to Wigfrid Now it’s time for your line*

Wigfrid Scene 3 Act 3: I Will Destroy your Demon! To BATTLE!”  -jumps forward and spear jabs mid air-

This was intended to be a funny post: I hope someone laughed.. but- Wigfrids entire character is being STUCK in a role she can’t snap out of… so for her to have any kind of interaction that isn’t over the top and out of place….. until the points where it calls for battle or Viking stuff- feels like a disconnection from the games/characters lore.

10 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

I think Wigfrid's singing more likely would cause sanity drain, considering it can scare away or offend the enemies. 

Startling Soliloquy is the only song that debuffs enemies. All other songs buff teammates like Bel Canto of Courage, Clear Minded Cadenza, and Heartrending Ballad. I think of Startling as hitting a note so high that it could crack glass, sending enemies into a state of panic, not as a bad performance. 

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wigfrids entire character is being STUCK in a role she can’t snap out of… so for her to have any kind of interaction that isn’t over the top and out of place….. until the points where it calls for battle or Viking stuff- feels like a disconnection from the games/characters lore.

But she isn't a bad performer. I had always interpreted her as a classically trained Opera singer who is quite skilled, but doesn't have the spark in other roles. (I also think there's been some logic that doesn't totally make sense with her mechanics as it relates to her character.)

I also think that just in terms of in-game storytelling, it'd be a lot of layers to show her actually having a negative effect on a location where she should feel at home. "The stage beckons!"

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wasn’t Wigfrids entire reason she got “fired” as an actress was because she played one role as a Viking/Valkyrie a little “Too Good” and every other role she tried to perform she sucked at because she was stuck in the Viking role?

I too would love to see Wigfrids character get some love but this, just doesn’t make sense, come to think of it Wigfrid should probably have entirely INCORRECT Viking based lines and attempt to deal battle with imaginary snakes.

Klei could extend upon that by having her be absolutely terrible at the Stage “Acts” until a scene calls for loud screaming, spear combat, or in General- The things Wigfrid is good at because she can’t snap out of this one particular role.

Wilson: “Not Yet Wigfrid your skipping too far ahead” 

Wigfrid Scene 2 Act 2: “BATTLE I SAY!”

Wilson: “No Wigfrid.. There’s no Battle Yet.”

Wilson Scene 3 Act 3: *whispers to Wigfrid Now it’s time for your line*

Wigfrid Scene 3 Act 3: I Will Destroy your Demon! To BATTLE!”  -jumps forward and spear jabs mid air-

This was intended to be a funny post: I hope someone laughed.. but- Wigfrids entire character is being STUCK in a role she can’t snap out of… so for her to have any kind of interaction that isn’t over the top and out of place….. until the points where it calls for battle or Viking stuff- feels like a disconnection from the games/characters lore.

she wasnt fired, check her short. She was simply being criticized by the journalists so she did a deal with maxwell but he tricket her to perform her rol in the opera like if was true

One thing i would like to see is for the stage to be a method of buffing up a select number of her songs. Bel canto, falsetto and the 2 instant use songs are generally pretty underwhelming so having some kind of performance to make them stronger would be far more interesting than a generic stat buff from a balance change.

Another possibility could be for wigfrid to prototype brand new songs. Whether its thorns, damage reduction or any kind of combat bonus it would make wigfrid more fun to fight with since you now are less likely to rely on the exact same 3 songs for every fight no matter what.

A third suggestion would be for the stage to somehow buff the inspiration meter itself. I mentioned the instant use songs being underwhelming before, and i think that way because even if youre in a situation where their effects are useful, often times you just wont have the inspiration to sing them (like using the aggro song during a multiplayer hound wave). If inspiration became easier to build up then the instant use songs would see actual usage outside of bee queen (and klaus kinda) which i think is the ultimate goal for any character perk.

3 hours ago, NoodlemanNed said:

A third suggestion would be for the stage to somehow buff the inspiration meter itself. I mentioned the instant use songs being underwhelming before, and i think that way because even if youre in a situation where their effects are useful, often times you just wont have the inspiration to sing them (like using the aggro song during a multiplayer hound wave). If inspiration became easier to build up then the instant use songs would see actual usage outside of bee queen (and klaus kinda) which i think is the ultimate goal for any character perk.

LOVE that idea, like if she had one song's worth of inspiration at all times while near the stage, where she feels...inspired! 

It’d be purely cosmetic, but I think it’d be nice if wigfrid’s animations while performing the play were much more dramatic and expressive than the other survivors. 

On 10/5/2022 at 5:34 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I really like this idea too, I think it’s really cute. However, I feel like wigfrid players shouldn’t be locked out of experiencing The Lore simply because they’re playing as wigfrid.

Archived