Play Rewards

Currently most of the play rewards are geared towards the early days in a world when you haven't yet established your own base. While digamajigs and fishing rods are fine enough, they're not exactly worth scouring the world to seek out. Plus with the five day cooldown between performances it's usefulness tends to dry up only after one play.

Personally I'd like it if they maybe gave a couple of crock pot dishes as a little treat instead. Maybe some blueprints? Nothing too major since preforming is basically free. What do y'all think?

I'm always a little bothered when I'm given equipments like Backpacks, Umbrellas, Miner Hats and whatnots, even if I did not have them yet because I prefer to prototype them to be sure I'm safe to make one in some sort of emergency, any other ones obtained after would be quite totally useless so about 80% of the items from the performances are probably gonna sit in a corner and go down a Lureplant, that's my approximative number but outside of the Sewing Kit and eventual consumables... it's likely a higher number than the Sunken Chests themselves who I don't find quite good either for the same points (but that is logic since all those rewards are practically free).

Sure if you offer some things like a Miner Hat to beginners they're probably gonna pog hard, but for someone as me I'm just not gonna get any utility from this nearly all the time... so personally I would have gone in a totally different direction with the performance gifts so it impact everyone just as much, and usually that starts with unique items more than craftables, many directions could have been taken, maybe a few examples :

• tons of different decorations and ornaments, fashioned around Charlie's roses and marble theme (vase, walls, potter's wheel sketches, etc...),
  • roses and other flower / plant seeds (how about actual briar bushes ?),
  • unique very fashioned clothes, give them funny perks even ! (how about the hat of the Mockingbirds that make you speak like if you were on the stage ?),
  • an unique skin gift like Metheus and its chest skin after completing all the acts of a book ?

That's random suggestion spitting but any of that I'd prefer them over items I won't use. Of course realistically I can't expect such a drastic change so that's just to say what I'd have preferred, so I'll content myself with an eventual Sewing Kit I suppose.

Edit : Also for the most getting crafting materials sounds better than final products so at least you've got the choice of what you could make or stock. Gold Nuggets, Evil Petals (free nightmare fuel basically) ?

38 minutes ago, Evelo said:

The play gives rewards? Why? Don't feel like it should personally. It's a cute optional thing to learn about the lore. The experience is the reward itself.

Only the bonus scenes and personal performances which close the stage give items out via the briar wolves. The main play gives nothing other then the story itself.

The items it gives out are a bit weird with how long it takes for the stage to become useable again.

4 hours ago, Evelo said:

The play gives rewards? Why? Don't feel like it should personally. It's a cute optional thing to learn about the lore. The experience is the reward itself.

Once done, there is no reason to repeat this event and it will soon fall into oblivion.....
If there was a better reward, it would be an incentive to redo the event, considering that it is an extremely time-consuming event due to the stage breaks and the breaks to get costumes.....

Archived