Suggestions for : The Stage, Difficulty Settings and Turf-Raiser

I'll jump right into it.

The Turf-Raiser Helm is my favourite thing of the update so I will also add it on top of the big key elements of the update... and due to that I've got quite a few requests that I believe would improve a little how it behaves :

• I think the turfs should go directly in the inventory while the player has space, being made of Desert Stones, that are themselves close-or-something to the Orange Gems, this hat could deserve to be a little more lazy-efficient.

• There should be a possibility to open / close the hat to disable its effect while still wearing it.

• Concerning the fuel, one thing that accumulate way too much in my worlds are Desert Stones, with the recent refuelability change to the Lazy Forager (which I can't appreciate enough, seriously this saved the item !), I would personally prefer to refuel this hat using those stones instead of an unrepairable hat (can't be sewed if anyone wonders, which I wouldn't prefer), the cost is okay, but with only one Desert Stone in the craft and the high amount of durability it has, I would like to consume the Desert Stones and have it with less durability more than crafting one rarely and being taxed more Pig Skins than the Desert Stones. :( Nobody like items that flood their storages and these stones have an easy farming method which has very little reason to be used so far !

The Stage, a frankly cute feature for the lore and giggles. I'd like to share a little information if that can make anyone smile, but it is possible to change the book on the Playbill but there is currently just one, so expect more stage play to be added eventually ?? Anyway :

• If there was only one thing to suggest to me it would be to improve the general animation of the performances, not really the player but the mannequins which are totally static. I verified if there was any WIP animations of them moving, talking or something, nada.
    The actors and mannequins are supposedly controlled by the shadow hands during this, this should serve a purpose for the mannequins and allow some more dynamisms when they talk, and also when they teleport because the little shadow fx doesn't really cover anything.

• But on top of that, one more thing seems missing to the rhythm : all the mannequins are mute. There could be a generic one like squicky wood noises, or the stage playing different notes on the harp instead of custom ones for each character if that is too much asked for.

The new difficulty settings, or should I say, the easy settings. This is what I've seen to be pointed out the most and I don't understand the way it's executed here, a No Sweat mode is likely a nice addition since I know many friends that I asked if they knew DST and a bunch of them said more than I expected that they stopped after dying one time to whatever. This could help, or not, time will say maybe...

• HOWEVER, there was a golden opportunity to make many people happy by adding the possibility to configure the settings the No Sweat mode has in the two directions, making the game more or less uncompromising is better than locking it one way, don't leave this behind, this is exactly how it works in Oxygen Not Included and that is a good demonstration of custom rebalance parameters :

0-.thumb.jpg.e604fbd58e5c25c36e97e6b06d69fa16.jpg

And that's all, don't want to make a list that extend forever so I'll limit myself to these three for the topic, there'd be more to say but it's so far solid for all the QoL stuff, so I might post more later while everyone tries to give better directions for the update release. : )

Just now, Capybara007 said:

no they arent actually related

its fine this way tbh

Desert Stones are impure Orange Gems, Maxwell says it. Also yeah it's fine, a good item, but there can be better than just fine if that solves other item problematics.

6 minutes ago, ADM said:

I think the turfs should go directly in the inventory while the player has space, being made of Desert Stones, that are themselves close-or-something to the Orange Gems, this hat could deserve to be a little more lazy-efficient.

Orange amulet was buffed, lets use it, you can use both at the same time

1 minute ago, dois raios said:

That's pretty true, didn't really connect the neurons to think of this and that's actually nice. However with the large amount of turf work to do around the world it might be nice having the backpack along the travel, but thanks for bringing this combo on the table so the two options sound fair.

15 hours ago, dois raios said:

A questionable "buff". It only buffed that you don't go to the Ruins everytime to craft it, but it's still too weak and underpowered, especially now if there is the "better forager" that outclass him in every way, even in the economic department, since it can be fixed by a simple sewing kit....

15 hours ago, ADM said:

That's pretty true, didn't really connect the neurons to think of this and that's actually nice. However with the large amount of turf work to do around the world it might be nice having the backpack along the travel, but thanks for bringing this combo on the table so the two options sound fair.

So a better combo would be switching with the new helm and Polly Roger's Hat, while you keep a backpack + chester if you want, for gathering more turfs on the way.

Archived