Just an Wortox Idea/Suggestion

Lil K

Hey guys, while I was playing Wortox today, the thing of Wortox being objectively worse on console, due to fixed size teleports, started bothering me. 

I was wondering, what if we could use the right analog button (R3) to lock/unlock the teleport target, enabling us to use the analog to target de teleport. What do you guys think? 

It could also work for fishing. 

his recent rework made the gap from pc to console viability a lot smaller imo, as you can teleport the same distance on both and it also become probably his most important perk. 

However something to manipulate the teleport target would of course be very welcome, but I'm not sure if using R3 is the solution, I feel like it might get janky with swapping from teleport to inventory surfing and back. 

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

his recent rework made the gap from pc to console viability a lot smaller imo, as you can teleport the same distance on both and it also become probably his most important perk. 

However something to manipulate the teleport target would of course be very welcome, but I'm not sure if using R3 is the solution, I feel like it might get janky with swapping from teleport to inventory surfing and back. 

I'm not 100% sure about the use of R3, though it was the best solution I could find. That's due to the fact that there aren't a lot of buttons on controller that lack a meaningful use during gameplay and analog is common to all controllers. 

On 9/20/2022 at 7:01 AM, Lil K said:

I'm not 100% sure about the use of R3, though it was the best solution I could find. That's due to the fact that there aren't a lot of buttons on controller that lack a meaningful use during gameplay and analog is common to all controllers. 

Friendly reminder that all Y does on Xbox is “Inspect” things.. pretty pointless if you ask me. 

Also: Games have been ported to consoles very very well even with the limited buttons on a controller- Klei however for whatever reason refuses to Utilize button Combinations or Button Holding so it performs a different function.

To put that into Context LT + X grabs enemies and stealth kills them in Sniper Elite 4/5 meanwhile LT by itself aims in your scope and X reloads.

Tapping Y can reload While Holding in Y can switch to Melee Weapon (I think Fortnite does this not sure.. it’s just an example)

Point is Y should do more then just Inspect stuff.

I believe what’s really happening here is that Klei hasn’t hired a team of people who can really adapt the games controls to console and the game suffers from it.

(B should NOT turn on/off my lantern when it’s on the ground but also cause Wortox to soul hop away from that Lantern so I waste souls and maybe even die in the confusion.)

Wortoxs Soul Hop should be something you can Enable/Disable so the button isn’t always conflicting with another game function- Example maybe the player needs to highlight the souls in their inventory to use them.. same way to control Abigail’s Summon/Dismiss/Soothe/Rile up requires you to select the flower in your inventory.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortoxs Soul Hop should be something you can Enable/Disable so the button isn’t always conflicting with another game function

An uncountable amount of souls were wasted trying to reset tooth traps in my 1300 day world. That's why I always leave trap management to my Wendy sister if I play with her.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:12 AM, Another membe said:

An uncountable amount of souls were wasted trying to reset tooth traps in my 1300 day world. That's why I always leave trap management to my Wendy sister if I play with her.

this is the reason I never touch those things lol .

A different issue I discovered playing him lately is that items have priority over souls going into your inventory, and I think it should be the other way around. Here's a situation to make it more clear: Was in ruins and I had 20 butterfly on me as backup souls, then when I ran out of souls I left 2 inv slots open, thinking 1 for souls and 1 for butterfly, and killed them. I forgot you can also get butter, I got both, and thus butter and butterfly wings went into my inventory and my 20 souls dropped on the ground, leaving me in rough shape. I know how do avoid it now, but wouldn't it make sense if souls took priority first? 

Archived