Autopilot rocket device, to gather space resources

Please allow the manufacturing of an rocket-autopilot-device in the game, which drops the requirement for a rocket crew and which does not require building stuff inside a rocket. This could allow space resource collection like in the old game. Once the player slaps the device on to a rocket hull, the crew requirement drops and one can launch rockets without building stuff inside - Like in the old base game.

New rocket fuels and fuel mixtures would be welcome too. Some end game hazards would also be nice, we are waiting since long time for some true dangerous endgame challenges. I also would love Plutonium in the game, where dupes get radiated with insane amounts and really get sick in a second.

Give us some Rimworld in ONi !

Many thanks :p

Instead of auto pilot, remote pilot would be better, rocket control station need to be build on asteroid and revealed to space, rocket need to have signal transmitter module. Advanced action will be limited, you cant collect artifact or scout area with remote rocket. Signal transmitter also have limited range so rocket cant go too far from some asteroid you have visited.

I like the idea for remote piloting rockets. Sending the rocket without risking the pilot. Maybe even without needing a spacefarer module, just a remote control module/nosecone. It doesn`t need many downsides even. Not having the pilot to use a trailblazer or to make databanks is enough of a downside imo. I guess it should take much more time to operate the grounded control station but that`s it.

Archived