Vanilla Rockets

5 hours ago, Zombie Dude said:

My only issue building left are the rockets reaching to further planetoids.

I only know is to build a Steam Engine rocket.

Everything is dependent on your payload, rocket quantity, and rocket type, some rocket parts are heavier than others such as cargo bays, liquid/gas tanks, and bio bays usually being some of the heaviest outside of the base of the rocket. It also needs to take into account the fuel amount to go out (this is annoying to calculate manually) and the load on returning which is 1000kg per attachment type for the return loads

As a general rule for rocket types to distance, steam rocket to 10k distance, steam rocket+thrusters to 20k distance, Petroleum rockets beyond 20k, and hydrogen rockets beyond 100k. Of cause that is variable depending on the rocket's load as a research module and a cargo bay have a very big difference in weight and can affect the distance depending on the engine and distance (with more fuel tanks being needed and calculated as the distance get further).

Check out https://oni-assistant.com/tools/rocketcalculator

This site has a better explanation at the bottom of the page concerning calculations if you want to do it manually, if you want a easy way to do it just select its preset inputs at the top of the page and it will say if it is viable or not (be careful as some options automatically select a tank as you increase certain selections so make sure you check all selection before building or you'll be confused why it isn't working).

Remember "LOX" means liquid oxygen and when adjusting tank volumes for liquid/oxidizer tanks require gantry to reach in vanilla (unlike spaced out).

4 hours ago, Zombie Dude said:

Thanks? But how do I build them?

Rockets are built in steps (Spaced out uses the base platform to setup the entire build while vanilla does things one by one manually, also you can't run onto individual modules like spaced out),

first is the tiles where the engine sits,

second is the engine after the tiles are built.

Third is the various attachment modules such as research modules, cargo bays, fuel tanks etc (once again built step by step one module at a time).

Last step is building the command module.

Be away that the modules are unreachable in the middle by duplicants even when ladders are built next to the location, so use gantries to reach those locations, If you are building rockets in a location with natural tiles, make sure to clear the natural tiles first before building ever module,

Also the engine is 1 tile to the left and right bigger than the other modules so expect them to destroy everything that is in their rising location on take off and landing, this includes ladders, gantries and doors etc (most buildings go into a state of damage but still exist but bunker doors are straight up destroyed.)

1. build steam rocket with 7 research modules, discover first planetoids which is nearby

2. use 640 research points for solid oxidizer (may be it is already discovered) and solid cargo bay

3. deconstruct 2 research modules, add 1 solid oxydizer

4. bring 600 more research disks, learn how to build liquid oxydizer and liquid fuel

5. build petroleum rocket with solid oxydizer and 5 research modules

6. build petroleum rocket with 2 cargo modules, or if you are lucky enough build 1 steam rocket with 1 cargo module and bring fulleren

7. make LOX and LOH

8. build hydrogen rockets

5 hours ago, Zombie Dude said:

I need step-by-step pictures.

I know what to do, I need pictures to "connect them" like building a furniture I bought in IKEA.

have you heard what game is? i mean really if you follow some manual then its not game anymore.

i personally want avoid this kind stuff at games otherway i get bored so fast

3 hours ago, YOLO KNIGHT said:

Wait, how do you farm vanilla? It's never popped in my game. More importantly is it a fuel or an oxidizer? What's the range like?

there is 2 types off fuel for rockets what uses oxygen, one is oxylite and another for endgame is the oxygen liquid with Hydrogen liquid

Archived