oh my, did you see that dupe?

Maximum useless?
672041842_maximumuseless.thumb.jpg.6c845105acd086ae4d93e6b943e42c60.jpg

Actually even with his disability, he'd be okay as a cook, but it's not like cooking "needs" high attribute, and you'd need a lot of dupes to justify an absolutely full time cook who is pretty bad at other things.

On 8/2/2022 at 1:14 AM, BezKa said:

sorry to burst your bubble but strength doesn't stack :( it's only 13, not 26

hate you, but you are right. Can confirm it is only 13. 

3 hours ago, blakemw said:

Maximum useless?

no, nice chief. As usual I disable all routines for chiefs, so their only business is cook.

56 minutes ago, degr said:

As usual I disable all routines for chiefs, so their only business is cook.

yeah that is professional way todo. but still there is bosses around who want that people todo everything , and in end is you other people start starving because of that

22 hours ago, degr said:

no, nice chief. As usual I disable all routines for chiefs, so their only business is cook.

That would never make sense for me.

A cooking task takes 50s at zero cuisine in the dark, or 40s for the worst plausible cook (+2 cuisine, lit workspace). Say that 500 out of 600 seconds in a cycle are usable for work, and a Cook can do 12.5 cooking tasks per cycle. If BBQ, Berry Sludge or Pepper Bread that is 50000 kcal per cycle, enough to feed 50 normal hunger difficulty dupes. I normally limit myself to 12 dupes (and I don't feed the angry tree) so even on max hunger difficulty a talentless cook only needs to spend half their cycle cooking to sustain the population. If you are a deranged lover of Stuffed Berry, which requires 3 cooking tasks for only 4400 kcal, then the talentless cook could still feed 18 normal hunger dupes.

You mention everything in your post - 12 dupes, no hunger difficulty.

Different people have different playstyle. For an example, here is kitchen of 150 dupes colony (no hunger), gas ranges shows 50-40-30-20 % uptime during last 5 cycle, same for electrical grill (food-stable):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.79d3386dfcd114480a456d64b9c3641f.png

Here is screenshot of 55 dupes colony, max hunger, electrical grill uptime is 46-41-31-28%, gas range - 48%  (still not sustainable, amount of calories always fall down to 0).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.970a6113fc55395d2af69c513326660f.png

Archived