Make Hostile Flares create new MacTusk hunting parties

18 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

Rare items aren't made rare well with RNG. They are made rare well if they are guaranteed through hard to obtain methods, like the bone armor from killing the Fuel Weaver, which is a long hurdle or huge in difficulty depending on what you prioritize to get there. That is how you do proper progression and scarcity of rare items.

And no, my logic is not flawed. You do not have a 20% chance to get grass every time you pick some, you get exactly 1 grass every time and you can craft the torch when you have enough no problem. Depletion of resources has nothing to do with RNG to likely drop nothing, it's about acquisition.

I strongly disagree. RNG should be well balanced, but not every mob should have their drop guaranteed. Rarity increases the value of the reward. 

The easiest solution I can think of without messing with the coding for world Regen and appeasing the crowd that wants to keep it as a reward is...

To increase the drop rate of walking canes from sunken chests. 10% is so low, 20% or even 25% should make it farmable vs hoping to get lucky. 

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

To increase the drop rate of walking canes from sunken chests. 10% is so low, 20% or even 25% should make it farmable vs hoping to get lucky. 

I would also like the chances of actually getting a treasure mark from reading a bottle to increase.

:flustered: The current 33% chance feels terrible. (Maybe something can be done with the chance increasing the happier you make Pearl and more tasks you do for her)

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I would also like the chances of actually getting a treasure mark from reading a bottle to increase.

:flustered: The current 33% chance feels terrible. (Maybe something can be done with the chance increasing the happier you make Pearl and more tasks you do for her)

Wow, I had no idea it was so terrible. Buying maps directly from her in exchange for bottles could be another option.

Archived