Horticulture Expanded should grow a cactus with flowers

3 hours ago, IceTime said:

No, I refuse. I want to keep the original natural mechanism of the game. Encourage players to explore and discover elsewhere on the map. I hope Klei keeps those seasonal phenomena

Yes, keep everything time gated and add more time gated things like they did to rain rituals after forumites cried for it.

4 hours ago, IceTime said:

No, I refuse. I want to keep the original natural mechanism of the game. Encourage players to explore and discover elsewhere on the map. I hope Klei keeps those seasonal phenomena

i actually think a torch should cost like 1 celestial shard, you know, because it will make the game more challenging and fun, instead of rushing it by day 1, which is not fun

49 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

Yes, keep everything time gated and add more time gated things like they did to rain rituals after forumites cried for it.

Not to be impolite but are you suggesting keeping things "character gated" is a better idea?

I like the idea of Wickerbottom being able to do some interesting stuff with some world mechanics, I'd also like some of those things being accessible to all characters (like she has Sleepytime Stories cheap as chips, while others can do almost the same with lower range and faster animation Pan Flute for a very high price and limited by Mandrakes quantity).

Giving the possibility of growing those Cactus Flowers with a Book as well as some kind of fertilizer like Tree Jam or Glommer's Goop would be a good way of satisfying everyone in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Sapientis said:

Not to be impolite but are you suggesting keeping things "character gated" is a better idea?

I like the idea of Wickerbottom being able to do some interesting stuff with some world mechanics, I'd also like some of those thing being accessible to all characters (like she has Sleepytime Stories cheap as chips, while others can do almost the same with lower range and faster animation with Pan Flute for a very high price).

Giving the possibility of growing those Cactus Flowers with a Book as well as some kind of fertilizer like Tree Jam or Glommer's Goop would be a good way of satisfying everyone in my opinion.

Well, no, but what are we supposed to do? Force klei to add item equivalents of most of the more unique books so everyone can use it? Of course not, I just think that the way the nerfing is decided by the community at this time is just completely insane if I have to be honest, whoever complains more, sometimes even without testing the beta themselves, gets the item nerfed, instead of trying to make things fun until we get some equivalents.

19 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

Well, no, but what are we supposed to do? Force klei to add item equivalents of most of the more unique books so everyone can use it? Of course not, I just think that the way the nerfing is decided by the community at this time is just completely insane if I have to be honest, whoever complains more, sometimes even without testing the beta themselves, gets the item nerfed, instead of trying to make things fun until we get some equivalents.

i see no wrong in having a global option for all the characters to use as a replacement for the books

1 minute ago, Capybara007 said:

i see no wrong in having a global option for all the characters to use as a replacement for the books

okay then I guess you didn't read... go beg the devs to add equivalents in this update this very second!!!!!!!!!

On 7/29/2022 at 10:31 PM, Sapientis said:

If so, I am willing to accept it. I think this idea is very interesting

----------------------------

When you need something, you should pay the corresponding price. In order to catch up with time, we just let the game change, but we players don't change, which is unreasonable

Sure lets make Horticulture Expanded insanely good an grow cactus flowers.... if we increase the cost of the book to require a cactus flower for balance.

If you don't like stuff being timegated, reduce season length in options. Otherwise lets not make wicker master of the constant.

And if you really want access to cactus flowers day 1, c_give ("cactus_flower",100000) in console has got you sorted.

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

people play a game with seasons

also people dont want unique mechanic and items in these seasons

makes sense

I just want to help  poor hremit crab with out waiting the whole year :wilson_cry:

Sounds about right can't wait till we start making bone armor and bone helm craftable with just 1 telltale hearts and 2 bone shards because nobody got time to fight fuel weaver we may as well just make free crafting the default setting of all versions of the game at this point...

Really does feel like we're on the fast track to suck any reason to commit to a world, learn, adapt, or explore out of this game.

Archived