[Suggestion] 2 Suggestions For Overcoming Arachnophobia

1. Allow it to slow Celestial Champion's movement while spinning.

2. Allow it to slow Klaus's lunge attack in his second life.

(Currently, the spider web has no effect on the movement speed of spinning CC or dashing Klaus.)

ezgif-5-8f6d503921.gif.b986eb124832d12928b1fe46061f613d.gif

I have 1 more suggestion just for my personal taste (which you can ignore completely. As the title suggested, I only wanna highlight 2 suggestions):

Change Overcoming Arachnophobia to Friendly Honey Trail (inspired by Bee Queen's honey trail).

- Because Wickerbottom can summon bee guards, it makes sense that she can also summon honey trails like a bee queen.

- It's weird to summon webs with the name Overcoming Arachnophobia. It's not the fear of natural spider webs that slow you down while walking on them. If it's really about the fear, the natural webs should have some insanity aura. Rather, it's the sticky and elastic threads that slow down movements. Webber can walk on it without a problem because he has the anatomy.

11 minutes ago, goatt said:

1. Allow it to slow Celestial Champion's movement while spinning.

Both cases caught me offguard too :( Just some might think that to Klaus it would have made sense since he's sort of leaping... but I'd say it's could be hard to even leap in an enormous web in the first place.

13 minutes ago, goatt said:

Change Overcoming Arachnophobia to Friendly Honey Trail (inspired by Bee Queen's honey trail).

Wicker books are on a quite large diversity of topic, it should also explore more mobs than just have multiple books around bees, I'd rather have the name changed being the oddity than a remake as it works well for that purpose.

23 minutes ago, goatt said:

Allow it to slow Celestial Champion's movement while spinning.

That would be awesome! Not too sure about the leap but previous post sounded logical to me

2 minutes ago, ADM said:

Wicker books are on a quite large diversity of topic

I agree. But it doesn't make sense that overcoming fear of spiders can accomplish that. I'd rather the name changed  to magic webs or friendly webs.

4 minutes ago, ADM said:

Just some might think that to Klaus it would have made sense since he's sort of leaping... but I'd say it's could be hard to even leap in an enormous web in the first place.

To add to that, I noticed it seems only speed of normal walking is slowed. Speed of special ability and anything that is not normal walking is unaffected.

First two suggestions make sense (I would even go as far as restricting movements of some entities preventing them from some actions like charging or leaping, which would actually make this book really good for some of the harder fights, where other books render ineffective) but the part about changing the web into a honey trail is like saying grumble bees summoned by wickerbottom should be little flying tentacles, because she already has a Book about summoning Tentacles.

The part about book's name seems like nitpicking, she overcomes arachnophobia and summons a magical spiderlike webbing, name suits perfectly for this.

7 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I would really like if this book just trapped mobs making them unable to move

This book would go from awful to great right away if that happened, if it put the little mobs in a cocoon state where we can catch them later I can actually see some fun farms going on: Put a rock in the middle and get a bunch of worms, seeds for catch birds... the possibilities are limitless

6 minutes ago, xhyom said:

if it put the little mobs in a cocoon state where we can catch them later

Such a good and fun idea.

Like it can turn small mobs into "captured" state when they enter the web and keep them as captured for as long as the web lasts.

Small mobs include birds, rabbits and moles.

(Spiders are excluded cuz they can walk fine on webs.)

Archived