Suggestion: Retrieval.

Hello! This is something that's been bothering me for eons.
Sometimes you can find yourself with dropped items being RIGHT there at the shore.
I propose to bring back the "Retrieve" ability from the Shipwrecked DLC that allows you to harvest nearby shore items.

This allows you to safely gather nearby items without needing to make a boat for just getting those few items, or being forced into making a Polly Rodger's hat or a Lazy Forager, especially early on in newer worlds.

Alternatively, giving the ability to the fishing rod would also work wonders for nearby items. Players could say "It's too far!" when trying to use it on a super far away item to allow Lazy Forager and Polly Rodger to not get overshadowed. 
unknown.pngunknown.png

DST has a net item in the game files. I would love if they added that in with this function.
Your idea though could also be a good use of the Freshwater Fishing Rods since those are so easy to make in the early game while still exploring the world. Love the idea.

I wish the was an item that let us swim in the water, accompanied by a swim meter. Just a green circle that depletes like when running out of breath in Mario games. 

What bothers me the most is having to walk around the thinnest of rivers or tinny patches of water.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

What bothers me the most is having to walk around the thinnest of rivers or tinny patches of water.

So true. Glad docks were added but it takes so much time and effort to actually get and utilize them.

2 minutes ago, Evelo said:

So true. Glad docks were added but it takes so much time and effort to actually get and utilize them.

I agree, docks are incredibly nice but...

Rather than fill every river with docks or at the edge of biomes where a single few looks awkward to you so now you have decorate it and make it make sense to your compulsion to have elaborate builds (me). 

May be that's just me, I may have a problem :lol:

5 minutes ago, Evelo said:

In this very same update: Klei added grass boat- with as few as a few blades of grass and a couple sticks you too can hop across that nasty stream of no doubt piranha infested waters with ease leaving your grass raft to naturally decay away on its own after you have left the vicinity.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

In this very same update: Klei added grass boat- with as few as a few blades of grass and a couple sticks you too can hop across that nasty stream of no doubt piranha infested waters with ease leaving your grass raft to naturally decay away on its own after you have left the vicinity.

But then that stream is filled with grass, and we loop around to the question first asked

Archived