If Lunar Grimoire cost stays, it needs a couple more charges

I'm still undecided on whether or not adding the iridescent gem to its cost is reasonable, but if it's going to stay a part of the crafting materials, the book absolutely needs to have more charges. 3 charges for the cost it now has is just too little. Especially when you consider that a sane person would never fully exhaust one until fairly late in the game, so it's really just 2 charges and then a bunch of time in the bookcase. The book should have at least 4 or 5 charges. 

Just now, Faintly Macabre said:

I wasn't sure how this would work at first, but I suppose a way to do it could be reading it on the day of a full moon.

Maybe reading a book 2 times in a row which neither cost durability nor sanity. Kinda how you can soul hop the second time for free. 

If it has this dumb gem as an ingredient it should be a toggle for full moons or something. Reading it is a huge sanity & durability cost for only a short effect which is barely stronger than what you can get for basically free. 

Archived