Minor Suggestion: Make Wickerbottom's Favorite Food Soothing Tea

This change wouldn't have much of a real change in gameplay, but just some flavor for the character. With Wickerbottom being an insomniac, the closest thing to real rest for her would probably be just relaxing, and what better way to relax than with a cup of tea. It also makes sense gameplay wise, since her books cost sanity so the player already could benefit from a passive sanity increase. The only issue is that it currently gives no hunger so it would be odd that she would just get +15 hunger for it. Perhaps the sanity over time could be boosted for her since it's her favorite? 

Apologies for the borderline useless suggestion, I just really like the relationship that Wickerbottom's gameplay has with the tea naturally, and it would be pretty neat if the game recognized that too

I had this idea as well when the soothing tea was first introduced :tranquillity:

I was surprised she got surf n turf instead of Dragon Pie when fav dishes got added. Seems like a refined dish like that which requires a rare fruit from the garden would be more her thing than a plate full of meat. 

Also Wickerbottom is from New York right? Or am i misremembering? Isnt surf n turf more typically associated with the southern part of the US like texas etc. Not that new yorkers cant like surf n turf but still :lol:

apparently its an old people dish if the other survivors r to be believed so thats maybe why she got it *shrug* 

in my mind Wickerbottom’s true favorite meal is a slice of dragon pie with soothing tea :grin:

First of all, and I think it has been talked about before, it's pretty odd Favorite Foods give additional hunger instead of sanity, but well, so be it.

Secondly, most Favorite Foods are less popular dishes, that have better substitutes, so I feel like Dragonpie could be considered "off the table".

Soothing Tea is a niche option, but it has great potential when using Celestial Crown and is still one of the cheapest meals with such high sanity restoration. Plus Wickerbottom already had her Favorite Food when Tea was introduced, I guess she just really likes Surf 'n' Turf.

If she'd get her Favorite Food changed (which I doubt) I'd rather vote for Pumpkin Cookies, which are just rubbish otherwise and could get some love.

29 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

it's pretty odd Favorite Foods give additional hunger instead of sanity, but well, so be it.

Weirdly enough according to some scientific study i read about this actually is true :lol: we absorb more nutrients from food we enjoy eating compared to food we dislike. Ive also read elsewhere that your gut microflora “adapts” to the kind of food u eat a lot. So if u eat a lot of something itll get better/more effective at digesting it etc. 

Spoiler

Quick google brought this up but the site is unavailable in my country lol: 

6C882AF3-D3C0-43FD-9BE3-41D7BB5D3CD5.thumb.jpeg.af0407829c483ba203cf041e3df3bad3.jpeg

I think its appropriate for it to be hunger gameplay-wise since sanity is much rarer in comparison to hunger. This way its just a lil bonus flavor perk instead of something “game changing”. 

what i dont really like about the fav food system is how some are just better/actually good while the rest r more like jokes. Wilson has bacon&eggs, wolf roasted tato, woodie nuggets, wanda taffy and wormwood… roasted banana :lol: (edit: which actually is now more accessible with the moon quay..)

With those 4 examples in mind i dont think it wouldve been very unreasonable for wicker to get dragonpie. 

i could see Wickerbottom enjoying pumpkin cookies too. 

and Barnacle Linguine actually! Forgot about that one. Gives 20 sanity, is a refined dish, rare ingredients, niche and also seafood like her current fav but fancier.

3 hours ago, Sapientis said:

First of all, and I think it has been talked about before, it's pretty odd Favorite Foods give additional hunger instead of sanity, but well, so be it.

Secondly, most Favorite Foods are less popular dishes, that have better substitutes, so I feel like Dragonpie could be considered "off the table".

Soothing Tea is a niche option, but it has great potential when using Celestial Crown and is still one of the cheapest meals with such high sanity restoration. Plus Wickerbottom already had her Favorite Food when Tea was introduced, I guess she just really likes Surf 'n' Turf.

If she'd get her Favorite Food changed (which I doubt) I'd rather vote for Pumpkin Cookies, which are just rubbish otherwise and could get some love.

Pumpkin Cookies are really bad. Wickerbottom would never get to eat her favorite food then.

I wish Pumpkin Cookies at least gave Meatballs-level hunger, but it's okay if there are terrible Crock Pot recipes in the game.

Fav food do need diversified effects to be meaningful. Hunger buff is not motivating enough to chase after fav foods.

Soothing tea for wicker bottom with extra sanity sounds really cool.

Archived