(suggestion) i think it would be cool if characters announced when wickerbottom uses her full moon book

Would be pretty helpful, i just played a pub game where both my fellow survivors had no light source out exploring cause i guess they assumed I had read the Lunar Grimoire, and both of them nearly died. (totally their own faults) Would help with miscommunications like these.

3 minutes ago, dzzydzzy said:

Would be pretty helpful, i just played a pub game where both my fellow survivors had no light source out exploring cause i guess they assumed I had read the Lunar Grimoire, and both of them nearly died. (totally their own faults) Would help with miscommunications like these.

yeah, also for situations like when you're playing woodie and dont wanna lose food so you can know ahead an go in the caves. its more of a minor annoyance in that case but yknow would still be nice to know and be able to note down the new change cycle.

7 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

or maybe you can just say "hey im using full mon book, brace for 60 seconds without having to use lantern"

Why do people just magically “Assume” that everyone owns a headset?? I used to have headsets, then I got a few house cats and house cats eat wires- headsets get expensive to replace after awhile & I’m more comfortable NOT talking to people..

You ever tried to type anything in DST without dying? That’s also not a good option..

In game notifications however such as “You feel an Erie presence watching over you..” or “The Eye of Terror turns it’s gaze towards X player” would convey very well that there’s about to be a Magic using Wickerbottom Starting/Stopping Rain/ Full Moon.

Just now, Parusoid said:

i think you forgot text chat exists in game

No I made a comment on that too, you ever tried to use an Xbox controller to text chat? By the time you type out what you wanna say you will likely already be dead. Which is why quick chat or server notifications are a better option.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

No I made a comment on that too, you ever tried to use an Xbox controller to text chat? By the time you type out what you wanna say you will likely already be dead. Which is why quick chat or server notifications are a better option.

Ok but if communication is such an issue on console they there should be many more instances of announcing character based actions

8 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Ok but if communication is such an issue on console they there should be many more instances of announcing character based actions

- "Walter shot a butterfly" 

- "Walter shot a bird"

- "Walter shot a rabbit" 

- "Walter was killed by Krampus. He became a spooky ghost!" 

4 hours ago, Parusoid said:

or maybe you can just say "hey im using full mon book, brace for 60 seconds without having to use lantern"

yeah in an ideal scenario the wickerbottom would just tell you they're about to use their books but that wont always be the case. I just think itd be useful to have a warning at times, because there's no way to know that the full moon is gonna be off schedule if the wicker player doesnt tell you

3 minutes ago, maeslay said:

yeah in an ideal scenario the wickerbottom would just tell you they're about to use their books but that wont always be the case. I just think itd be useful to have a warning at times, because there's no way to know that the full moon is gonna be off schedule if the wicker player doesnt tell you

I get it and there also other instances where player actions would affect all players, not only woodie, and they dont have announcements so I dont know why is it big issue only now. 

Besides there are Moon Dials and iirc there is little moon icon next to your clock at dusk that shows you the phase

45 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Besides there are Moon Dials and iirc there is little moon icon next to your clock at dusk that shows you the phase

donesnt the moon icon only show up at night? unless u have mods on ig

i went in a game to check rq and unless im doing something wrong idk it only shows up at night for me

image.png.ae17a13accfd771849a38c28232efd44.png

1 minute ago, maeslay said:

dont the moon dials only show up at night? unless u have mods on ig

i went in a game to check rq and unless im doing something wrong idk it only shows up at night for me

image.png.ae17a13accfd771849a38c28232efd44.png

well then i was mistaken about the clock

moon dials display moon phase 24/7

Archived