Wicker Rework Suggestion: Lunar Grimoire Waxing/Waning dependent

This book is such a blast, full moon every night for some paper and moonrocks is also nice... BUT, this book does has a niche issue with it.

If I wanted to do shadow pieces, I have to not read this book, which isn't cool, so with an idea from another user, they came up with:

Reading the book on a full moon turns it into a new moon.

Very cool, and then I thought of an alternative/addition:

Reading the book on a waxing phase sets it to a full moon, reading the book on a waning phase sets it to a new moon.

This would give the book some more usefullness in a scenario where you want to grind shadow pieces!

This would also make the book way worse since full moons illuminate the world and new moons don't do much. I like the idea where reading it twice makes it a new moon, but if reading it during waning makes it a new moon you've basically made the book unusable half the time. 

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

This would also make the book way worse since full moons illuminate the world and new moons don't do much. I like the idea where reading it twice makes it a new moon, but if reading it during waning makes it a new moon you've basically made the book unusable half the time. 

Or... I dunno, smash my two ideas together, there, problem solved, no more issues :)

Lets be honest, this book is incredibley powerful and far outclasses the Light books, which is quite depressing. I think this book can survive requiring a 2nd use during waning phases to instantly set it to full moon. (1st read sets waning to new, 2nd read sets new to full)

14 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

Or... I dunno, smash my two ideas together, there, problem solved, no more issues :)

Lets be honest, this book is incredibley powerful and far outclasses the Light books, which is quite depressing. I think this book can survive requiring a 2nd use during waning phases to instantly set it to full moon. (1st read sets waning to new, 2nd read sets new to full)

The light books last longer, work underground, and count as natural light. 

22 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The light books last longer, work underground, and count as natural light. 

The natural light is nice... but those other points are mute when a lantern works just as well, and doesn't suffer from being static.

1 hour ago, Fill-Lips said:

The natural light is nice... but those other points are mute when a lantern works just as well, and doesn't suffer from being static.

A lantern also replaces the lunar grimoire. It replaces it even more since neither of them count as natural light whereas the light books have that going for them.

The lunar grimoire has 3 durability. If it took 2 uses to make a full moon you can use it once. That makes it just about as static as the other ones since you need to go get another one every single night. 

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

A lantern also replaces the lunar grimoire. It replaces it even more since neither of them count as natural light whereas the light books have that going for them.

The lunar grimoire has 3 durability. If it took 2 uses to make a full moon you can use it once. That makes it just about as static as the other ones since you need to go get another one every single night. 

But the grimoire has a use outside of just lighting, it forces a full moon, allowing one to farm glommer and werepigs each day.

And don't you dare say "Just start moonstorms" cos that's a whole year away from an autumn start, this book allows these shenanigans to happen day 1. DAY 1... I just don't understand how you think the light books and moon books are fine as they are, cos I don't think any of these books should be left as they are right now.

6 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

But the grimoire has a use outside of just lighting, it forces a full moon, allowing one to farm glommer and werepigs each day.

And don't you dare say "Just start moonstorms" cos that's a whole year away from an autumn start, this book allows these shenanigans to happen day 1. DAY 1... I just don't understand how you think the light books and moon books are fine as they are, cos I don't think any of these books should be left as they are right now.

She can already summon krampii way faster with botw and needing to use an extra book use once every 4 days would not nerf the book since the station lets you get back the 2 uses in about 4.1 days, easily covered with only one more book and might even just happen automatically from the book needing to be used twice only 45-50% of the time. 

7 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

This book is such a blast, full moon every night for some paper and moonrocks is also nice... BUT, this book does has a niche issue with it.

If I wanted to do shadow pieces, I have to not read this book, which isn't cool, so with an idea from another user, they came up with:

Reading the book on a full moon turns it into a new moon.

Very cool, and then I thought of an alternative/addition:

Reading the book on a waxing phase sets it to a full moon, reading the book on a waning phase sets it to a new moon.

This would give the book some more usefullness in a scenario where you want to grind shadow pieces!

I like the first part

Archived