Offline Skins are now a thing?

Hello.

I've noticed the inventory proxy have new functions that seems to be related on support for offline skins. Couldn't find any technical details about that on release notes, only some user messages containing brief speculation around the forum threads.

So, may I expect to find some official word on the subject here on the forums? Is that old news? Have I failed to search correctly and missed some update notes?

I honestly don't come here often these days and have not been following development, news and its fanbase, so my apologies if this have already been discussed before. 

Thanks in advance.

They are not a thing, but will probably be for the future, specifically for the Nintendo Switch as devs stated somewhere in that subforum as many people conplained about not having access to skins for a platform that isn't always at home.

No clue if it will be for other platforms.

18 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

They are not a thing, but will probably be for the future, specifically for the Nintendo Switch as devs stated somewhere in that subforum as many people conplained about not having access to skins for a platform that isn't always at home.

No clue if it will be for other platforms.

Skins have become quite important to people, especially paid charactees, because Wanda, Wurt, Wormwood and Wortox - are all considered as skins, just with "characret" tag attached to them

5 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Skins have become quite important to people, especially paid charactees, because Wanda, Wurt, Wormwood and Wortox - are all considered as skins, just with "characret" tag attached to them

To be quite honest about it: I hate to spend money in a game that requires an online connection to play because when the developers discontinue support for the game I literally have nothing left after investing all that money into it- which is why I’ve only ever bought one skin in Fortnite that came bundled with Vbucks Ive never purchased anything else outside of that.

If Klei could guarantee to me that the skins and characters I purchase now can still be used after they discontinue support for the game (which hopefully won’t be Any time soon..) I would be highly likely to purchase more skins because I’d always have them to enjoy.

But for now I am very selective in what I choose to spend my money on. And being a low income family who doesn’t really have a lot of spending money to begin with I absolutely love that I can get most skins for free just from playing the game long enough. :love_heart:

Archived